Omaha Is Most Frustrating Hobby City

You know, I've been in the hobby since 2013. I travel for work quite a bit and have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing ladies across the country. I can say wholeheartedly that my experience in Omaha has been the most frustrating of any city in the US.

I've got 3 pages of posted reviews on another site, I've got a bunch of references, and I'm a pretty just overall good guy. I've now been basically ghosted by 3 ladies in Omaha over the past 2 days for reasons I just don't understand.

Tonight, I had an appointment set for 9pm. She texts me to check in around 7:30, all good, says she will be here around 9. An hour later, not responding to my texts, not answering my calls.

I just don't understand. Respect goes both ways, and I'm as respectful as they come in the hobby. This trip has been a major bust, and it had so much potential. So many beautiful ladies here, and I should be a prime client. I know I've never had a bad experience with a provider anywhere in the country.

So frustrated.
I have very little experience elsewhere, but I can't imagine it being worse. I can only recall one local provider who was both available on time and had good communication. The other excuses I've seen for delays or NCNSs are recycled garbage. Actual examples from the last 2 months:

-After confirming an hour out, I hear she's been in a car accident 45 minutes after our appointment. I took her at her word and rescheduled. She was an hour late to the rescheduled time...

-Had an appointment early in the morning. I confirmed the night before as I had booked a room. NCNS, citing "personal issues."

-The normal: I'm an hour late because my alarm didn't go off. I've heard this 3 times. Doesn't matter the time of day.

-I had one cancel when I was outside her hotel citing "sickness" and leaving it at that. She didn't reply to my response for a little over an hour. Huh.

-After confirming with someone all week, I couldn't reach her a few hours before our rendezvous. Her rationale was that she just got out of surgery. I've actually had two people say they just had surgery. What're the odds!

-NCNS due to "family issues." Gotta love that. I'm not interested in specifics, but I find this one particularly irritating because the spectrum of issues that could be attributed to that are so numerous.

I'm a pretty easy person to work with, but I value my time. Any appointments I make require structure and a somewhat reasonable attention to the schedule we have arranged. I have only a few openings in a given week to do anything, so it's frustrating when I have something scheduled and have follow up communication and still end up being routinely blown off or pushed back. I've never been late to my current job of 8 years, and I've never missed or delayed a meeting without proper communication in advance of said meeting. Not sure why this should be any different. Almost all of the traveling providers I've seen handle these common tasks without flaw.
I'm not defending anyone, I imagine we all jave run into this, but I am certain it is a two way street. I'm sure it's even more frustrating when you're trying to make money.
Damm man that has to suck sorry about that!
I'm not a traveler and keep kinda low profile but there are some nice providers around.
You may want to try touring providers that are visiting the same city as you. I know for me I run in the last problems or reasons to cancel when I知 traveling versus when I知 home .
I will be there in a few weeks....js..lol
  • Ginks
  • 02-02-2018, 07:29 AM
You may want to try touring providers that are visiting the same city as you. I know for me I run in the last problems or reasons to cancel when I知 traveling versus when I知 home . Originally Posted by SexyLexyJorden
This has been my experience. Local providers are far, far, far more likely to leave you high and dry than the traveling. I count 0, zero times a good, well known traveling provider has canceled or NCNS. On the other side I don't have enough fingers to count the number of appts. local providers have been unable to fulfill.
You may want to try touring providers that are visiting the same city as you. I know for me I run in the last problems or reasons to cancel when I知 traveling versus when I知 home . Originally Posted by SexyLexyJorden
This has been my experience. Local providers are far, far, far more likely to leave you high and dry than the traveling. I count 0, zero times a good, well known traveling provider has canceled or NCNS. On the other side I don't have enough fingers to count the number of appts. local providers have been unable to fulfill. Originally Posted by Ginks
When I travel for business my schedule is a lot easier to manage since I don稚 have to worry about the normal day to day interruptions. The same would have to be true for providers traveling on business. I currently mainly see traveling providers who make regular visits to Omaha and have had far less scheduling issues than with local providers. But I will say that my one and only NCNS experience was by a well known, highly reviewed provider who regularly travels here, so sometimes stuff just happens.
When I travel for business my schedule is a lot easier to manage since I don稚 have to worry about the normal day to day interruptions. The same would have to be true for providers traveling on business. I currently mainly see traveling providers who make regular visits to Omaha and have had far less scheduling issues than with local providers. But I will say that my one and only NCNS experience was by a well known, highly reviewed provider who regularly travels here, so sometimes stuff just happens. Originally Posted by penname
The difference is that you are scheduling around work while the local providers in question are effectively at work. I'm sure you wouldn't use that excuse with a potential in-town client that your schedule was just too hectic to make a given appointment. I get that this is a two-way street, but if you are seeing someone for the first time or even 10th time unless they've given you reason for pause, there's no reason to not at least communicate issues and delays. The lack of regard for those on the other end of the line is what bothers me.
  • JD21
  • 02-02-2018, 11:10 AM
I've met a few good local providers but, Omaha is not what I look for as a hobbyist. I've traveled around the US a lot. Dallas is my favorite area for this. Planning on moving in a couple months. Every now and then Omaha will get some nice folks pass through.
If you think Omaha is bad, talk to some of the guys in Lincoln.
Definitely sucks when the same respect for your time is not given as you are supposed to give for their time-granted shit happens every now and then to everyone but when it is repeatedly happening that is just uncalled for- if a guy didn’t show up for his appointment he would probably be blacklisted and his handle or name ran through the mud for anyone who would listen. Odds are you aren’t the only guy receiving the same excuses from the same providers however when it’s not talked about no one knows who the guilty party is. Therefore these providers see zero negative repercussions so they really don’t have any reason to change their behaviors esp if their business isn’t affected. Sooner or later though I’m sure they will figure out that you can only burn so many bridges before there aren’t any left. I feel like most reputable Providers would be going out of their way to make your lost time up to you one way or another whether that be with a discount or free time or hell a genuine apology or whatever it may be. Just showing normal common courtesy and respect and communicating if things aren’t going to go as planned- basic customer service and if there’s an extra sloppy bj to go with it all the better.
Smh
I'd just like to chime in here you contacted me and gave me different boards that you are on one of the boards which is shut down I tried to find you on the other board and asked you for you to give me the references and you never did then you told me you were going to see a well-established provider and that she had already screened you and everything was okay so I messaged her and she acted like she didn't even know who I was talking about. Then you messaged me and explained explicit details about what you wanted to happen and you wanted me to come to your hotel late at night. Then I asked you what happened to the reference that you were supposed to get from the wall established provider and he told me that she got sick eating some oysters and you're going to have an appointment the next day so I waited then you told me you saw a local girl me thinking that you saw the well-established provider that you told me you're going to see you came out with a girl that has been known to be established with LE numerous times and has been caught numerous times. I asked you what happened to the other girl you were supposed to see and you told me she ghosted you this girl that you said that you were going to see has a very very well reputation and I have not really heard of her doing that so I figured there's a reason behind that. Then you gave me a girl as a reference who hasn't been active for 2 years almost 3 years. And told me that she's told you that I could contact her.

I really hope that I'm not one that you're saying is ghosted you because I never once set up an appointment with you because I could not get you verified and screened there was too many red flags. And I don't know about anybody else but I don't need that many red flags for me to decide that I just don't feel comfortable.

Luckily I saved all of our messages so if anybody has any questions they can p.m. me or message me and I can definitely back my side of the story up. Not only was a very respectful I let you know that you should probably look into the local girls who are newbie-friendly that I was not comfortable seeing you. No amount of money is that important to me when my gut is telling me something's not right regardless if you're a great guy and everything you were not giving me the proper information I needed to feel comfortable
That's why there're two sides to every story. If you've been in this for that long, you should know that if you want to see a reputable provider you need to make screening easy for them. And to not bring up obvious red flags (like explicit texts with a stranger). As a man, I know that the only risk I'm facing meeting a provider is with LE. On their end, they have to deal with that, logistics, and the real possibility of coming across a crazy or a disrespectful asshole.

I know I personally burned bridges with one provider by seeming overeager. I don't blame her at all. In her shoes I'd have done the same thing. So my responses in this thread have made the assumption that you complied with normal etiquette. If that's not the case, I don't know that I'd blame local providers when someone traveling to Omaha turned you down as well. I'm more concerned about being blown off AFTER screening.