AMP Reviews

Will you guys still choose to review AMPs in the midst of the ongoing activities or err on the side of caution until things slow down??

I believe that the reviews are being used as Intel at the very least.

We could be inadvertently helping to destroy our own playground.
  • Quark
  • 07-10-2019, 05:13 PM
I am inclined to agree.
Just PSAs on who is where.
  • cjoll
  • 07-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Stopping now wouldn’t do anything if it has already started. If they’re able to corroborate what’s written in a review, it doesn’t matter if it was recent or a few months ago. However, short of a reviewer getting busted with his phone on him and it having been used to access this site and more so if it was used to post a review... then post away. Also, if you for whatever reason don’t have a passcode on your phone, get one. Courts recognize that if you invoke the 5th amendment, they cannot compel you to provide the password. They also don’t have a super special fantastic hacker machine to unlock your phone
Classic analysis by someone who knows his stuff.
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=361062
If your concern is that they give away intel, I'm pretty sure the folks that are interested already know all that they need to know about what is being written here. All that is needed is the sticky with the establishment addresses, but that's unlikely to be new information to anyone that is interested. Otherwise the names change as people come and go, but nothing much is really new here.
Classic analysis by someone who knows his stuff.
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=361062 Originally Posted by billw1032
We should take precautions so that it won't have to go that far plus Intel is helping shut these places down. You may not get caught up in the dragnet but the post and reviews can help to dismantle these businesses and help the other side.
We should take precautions so that it won't have to go that far plus Intel is helping shut these places down. You may not get caught up in the dragnet but the post and reviews can help to dismantle these businesses and help the other side. Originally Posted by Mental AtrraXXXion
I edited my post after you quoted it, so you missed my last comment. I doubt there is much new of value being written, but then again it's always possible that I'm wrong and you're right.
Stopping now wouldn’t do anything if it has already started. If they’re able to corroborate what’s written in a review, it doesn’t matter if it was recent or a few months ago. However, short of a reviewer getting busted with his phone on him and it having been used to access this site and more so if it was used to post a review... then post away. Also, if you for whatever reason don’t have a passcode on your phone, get one. Courts recognize that if you invoke the 5th amendment, they cannot compel you to provide the password. They also don’t have a super special fantastic hacker machine to unlock your phone Originally Posted by cjoll
I hope it doesn't get that far that the courts are involved and you have to legally protect yourself.
We should help to protect the future of our hobby. The past is the past and we can't change that but we can change the future and how we go about doing things. If new businesses pop up we can change up the format of information sharing. It needs to be done. We shouldn't throw caution to the wind, instead we should be smart and collaborate our efforts to protect the hobby. We all play intricate roles in this big puzzle. We should be smarter than before, learn from past mistakes, make efforts to be more discreet and look out for the businesses that we frequent.
  • cjoll
  • 07-10-2019, 05:51 PM
We should take precautions so that it won't have to go that far plus Intel is helping shut these places down. You may not get caught up in the dragnet but the post and reviews can help to dismantle these businesses and help the other side. Originally Posted by Mental AtrraXXXion
Not really. My post was from the perspective of the John. The link gives the perspective of the Provider. For a review to be used it would most likely be in the form of providing probable cause. However, this has many obstacles concerning the voracity of the statements (I mean most reviews are obviously bullshit for many reasons). Hearsay can be used as the basis of a warrant but it must appear to be credible by the totality of the circumstances. In most cases they would use an under cover or a sni... informant that provides more than a review ever would. I’m not exactly sure about the laws in Texas, as I’m a marine biologist from Wisconsin, but in some places informants can engage in illicit activities; obviously providing substantially more than a review.
Stopping now wouldn’t do anything if it has already started. If they’re able to corroborate what’s written in a review, it doesn’t matter if it was recent or a few months ago. However, short of a reviewer getting busted with his phone on him and it having been used to access this site and more so if it was used to post a review... then post away. Also, if you for whatever reason don’t have a passcode on your phone, get one. Courts recognize that if you invoke the 5th amendment, they cannot compel you to provide the password. They also don’t have a super special fantastic hacker machine to unlock your phone Originally Posted by cjoll
I appreciate this post but would anyone like to guess just how long it takes for LE to get past the screen lock on your phone? As you as you are talking to the detective (or as you say nothing but ask for an attorney) the guys in the back just cracked your phone. They don't give a shit about your rights and your not getting your phone back anytime soon.
  • cjoll
  • 07-10-2019, 06:40 PM
I appreciate this post but would anyone like to guess just how long it takes for LE to get past the screen lock on your phone? As you as you are talking to the detective (or as you say nothing but ask for an attorney) the guys in the back just cracked your phone. They don't give a shit about your rights and your not getting your phone back anytime soon. Originally Posted by FunMonday
That’s a wonderful imagination you have. Do some research, there is a reason prosecutors at the state and federal level have spent ridiculous amounts of money taking 5th amendment cases on appeal in an attempt to compel a person to divulge a password. You can choose to not believe me all you want, but no, the cops cannot simply “hack” your phone. This is also the reason all the supposedly “hacked” celebrity photos are actually as a result of phishing scams.

Biometric locks are however different and I suggest disabling. You’re technically not being compelled to self incriminate by the cops pressing your finger or scanning your face.

Edit:
A cop might violate your rights all day long, however this invokes the “fruit of the poisonous tree” doctrine, and a judge will dismiss any evidence as a result unless it can be proven that the evidence could have and would have been found from independent and proper investigation.
cjoll's advice is good advice. So is the advice to STFU.
Believe what you want...It's a free country. LE can and will crack the screen lock on your phone depending on how bad they want it and if they know how. You can even Google the instructions to bypass the screen lock on an iPad, iMac, and iPhone. Unlocking a phone and bypassing the screen lock are two different things. And if for any reason they can't they will make you sweat it until you say something stupid. That's how most people screw themselves.

The reason LE and Prosecutors cannot use your subpoenaed phone records (For example a carrier record specifically used in Apple to Apple devices) is because if two iPhones are used to text an iMessage is transmitted via "top port" to the other iPhone through an Apple Server and not an AT&T or Sprint Server. It's not a SMS text and it does not show up in your carrier record. In this scenario, Apple refuses access to their servers.

An iPhone will lock after X number of unsuccessful attempts to gain access. The legal argument you cite pertains to LE asking Apple to unlock a device and they refuse to cooperate.

Or maybe this is all just my imagination
  • cjoll
  • 07-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Believe what you want...It's a free country. LE can and will crack the screen lock on your phone depending on how bad they want it and if they know how. You can even Google the instructions to bypass the screen lock on an iPad, iMac, and iPhone. Unlocking a phone and bypassing the screen lock are two different things. And if for any reason they can't they will make you sweat it until you say something stupid. That's how most people screw themselves.

The reason LE and Prosecutors cannot use your subpoenaed phone records (For example a carrier record specifically used in Apple to Apple devices) is because if two iPhones are used to text an iMessage is transmitted via "top port" to the other iPhone through an Apple Server and not an AT&T or Sprint Server. It's not an SMS text and it does not show up in your carrier record. In this scenario, Apple refuses access to their servers.

An iPhone will lock after X number of unsuccessful attempts to gain access. The legal argument you cite pertains to LE asking Apple to unlock a device and they refuse to cooperate.

Or maybe this is all just my imagination Originally Posted by FunMonday
That's literally not what I am talking about. I never mentioned phone records as that is an entirely different question with it's own burdens. You also might want to read up on/ read the comments in those videos on "cracking" the screen lock. Honestly, for someone who obviously hates police, you sure give them a lot of credit. I've provided info, do with it as you will.

One last thing, I have a deed to a bridge I would like to sell you.
Obviously, you never had a phone seized.