Who's ready for Fiesta?

I've been surprised at the number of local ladies I've asked recently who have little or no experience with Fiesta. It starts next Friday the 18th and continues thru the 28th and is a ton of fun with something for everyone. See www.fiesta-sa.org for the full schedule. Best advice: wear clothes and shoes that you won't mind having beer spilled on. Viva!!
  • Mokoa
  • 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Actually, 4/18 is a Thursday. I believe the official kickoff is at the Alamo on Friday, 4/19. The Fiesta Carnival will open on Wednesday 4/17.
Don't forget the Poteet Strawberry Festival comes to an end this evening
The official official kick-off is Thursday at 5PM in front of The Alamo. The serious pachanga starts Friday.
St. Mary's Oyster Bake.
Oh Yes. Babes and Oysters.
Yeah and to the ladies with little to no fiesta experience you can always get overpriced food and drinks at a spurs game
Oops, didn't see the similar thread in the sandbox. Mods, please delete, thanks.
No problem Tom, I just merged it. .
^^ Incedible! Jr figured out some of the gizmos.

Looking forward to the Taste of New Orleans at Sunken Gardens this year! Love me some good ole Cajun cookin with some great music. Who dat?
Need something for Hemisfair like La Semana Alegre the Jaycees used to have. NIOSA OK but not great. Jazz Sunday Taste of NOLA should be good.
Agreed. La Semana sucked and then died a painful death when it moved to Freeman Coliseum. Saw some awesome acts when still at HemisFair including the only time I got to see Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Got that right HWY 69. Never same at JFC. SAW Stevie ray myself. Fiestas great but need big headliner type rock band to kick it up a notch.
Arriving in San Antonio next week. Staying downtown all week. What is Fiesta? Besides spending some quality time with some wonderful ladies, what are some of the things to enjoy about Fiesta?
Your timing is perfect, Cheddar! Think Mardi Gras with sombreros. Probably your best and most convenient choice will be A Night in Old San Antonio (NIOSA), which takes place at La Villita across South Alamo St. from the Convention Center and runs Tues-Fri. College Night on Thurs is best for scoping hotties. Friday is a fustercluck downtown because of the Battle of Flowers Parade which draws a crowd of 250,000+. Another good option is Fiesta de Los Reyes on the west side of downtown at Market Square, and goes all day and night all week. Enjoy!