Top 3 restaurants near the airport

It's about that time and I want something good!!

Top 3 restaurants in this area, Mexican, Brasserie or Sushi.
Texas Land & Cattle, Pappaduex's, The Cheescake Factory.....Tokyo Steak House.
Anything not so chain like? If not, that's cool. I just kind of like to find those quaint hole in the wall places.
  • DaMan
  • 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM
The area around the airport is not conducive to great dining, but here are some places.

For Mexican, try Guajillo's, www.guajillos.com. Their tacos al pastor were mentioned in Epicurious and Huffington Post a while back.

Not much in the way of brasseries, but some of the best Naples-style pizza is at Dough Pizzeria. www.doughpizzeria.com

There's a cute Vietnamese place not far from the airport, Pho Thien An. They serve some Chinese dishes, but stick to the Vietnamese.

Also, try the contemporary American options at Bin 555, www.bin555.com. Thoughtful wine selection and well-made dishes.

Enjoy your time in San Antonio. There's some excellent dining here, but you have to seek it out.
Sent you a pm
Sushihana is in general area, as is Godai. Both great sushi and good wine lists. Dough is not as good as it used to be, but not bad. There's a
Sushihana is in general area, as is Godai. Both great sushi and good wine lists. Dough is not as good as it used to be, but not bad. There's great Korean BBQ place in same parking lot as Dough, name escapes me.
DAMOS or DEMOS Greek food in the shopping center right on the corner of blanco and 410! Awesome food!
Sent you a pm Originally Posted by VidaRoho
He literally knows all the great spots
I Tried Big Easy!

Uhhhhh Yesss!!!! I can't remember the Chinese place yu suggested. I need that again.
You should try Beto's for Mexican Food, or try the 410 Diner. Both are on Broadway just inside Lop 410. They are not chain restaurants, and might just be the hole in the wall places you are seeking. They are close to the airport area.
Mine would be Pappadeuxs , El jarro De Arturo , and Piati's
El Loco Mariacchi's is a great hole in the wall located on Isom very near the airport.

The Koreana is a great Korean restaurant on Austin highway just southeasr of the airport.
If you have a taste for Italian, Picollos on Evers, is a good bet, nothing fancy, but good food. A little removed from the airport, but not a long driver.
J. Alexander's, Stonewerks and Cheesecake Factory. Lmk if you need a date. Ha
B35H
Mary Lou's on McCullough for Mexican. They're upscale digs are nice but still got the great food quality of their south side hole in the wall.

There's Formosa Garden for Chinese, sushi & hibachi.

I hear Florios Pizza off Broadway is good too.

For awesome breakfast hit up Magnolia Haus by Bitters & Embassy right by the airport. If you're adventurous the one on Huebner & I10 turns into a biergarten certain afternoons.