Quake and Tsunami in Japan

Keeping everyone in Japan, the West Coast, as well as the other countries in harms way in my thoughts and prayers. This is very scary and devastating to watch. I lived in the Philippines when Mt. Pinatubo erupted and have been through something very similar.

When I woke up and turned on the TV, I thought this was a trailer for a new movie similar to 2012. Insane!
Bryan Williams on this evenings National news stated that the earthquake moved the entire island of Japan 8' to the east, due to plate subduction. I find this hard to imagine.
I don't watch the news, so thanks for sharing Chella. Let me know if there is a way to get funds to them as in the case of Haiti. It was very hard to get the funds to the actual people...even family members were having funds taken by the Gov.
Bryan Williams on this evenings National news stated that the earthquake moved the entire island of Japan 8' to the east, due to plate subduction. I find this hard to imagine. Originally Posted by repairman

Some intern at NBC News probably came up with that one...

But if it's on the major TV networks, it MUST be true...

Huck
Some intern at NBC News probably came up with that one...

But if it's on the major TV networks, it MUST be true...

Huck Originally Posted by urhuckleberry
From CNN: "At this point, we know that one GPS station moved (8 feet), and we have seen a map from GSI (Geospatial Information Authority) in Japan showing the pattern of shift over a large area is consistent with about that much shift of the land mass," said Kenneth Hudnut, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

Reports from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy estimated the 8.9-magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters).

I would hardly say that this smacks of sensationalism...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...st-japan-alert

The people of Japan are suffering through some very major damage.

A disaster of this magnitude will have worldwide ramifications.

. . . They need all the support the world can provide now.
it is such a tragedy for any country to experience something of that magnitude.

i hear we have 2 navy ships over there aiding in supplies and rescues. rebuilding will not be a swift one.
Find some outlet thats has a good reputation and donate. We all have a little extra money or we wouldn't be involved in the hobby. I gave to the Red Cross and hope you all, hobbyist and providers alike give to the one you think will help. They need out help. We are all members of the human race.
Dec 21, 2012 pre, predicted major quakes with shifted land masses. Things that make you say hmmmm.
Fuck, fuck, fuck . . . This just means are building materials are going to be going up in price.