Law Change

If the hobby were decriminalized today. What would you do differently?
If the hobby were decriminalized today. What would you do differently? Originally Posted by jughead1171
Nothing at all. Id still do things discreetly. I might take more toftt chances with BP girls and newbie providers with no references.
Pay sales tax on it????
I wouldn't be able to afford it at all! The price would skyrocket.
Probably go broke. Remove LE factor would feel a lot more comfortable seeing more ladies in more places.
If the hobby were decriminalized today. What would you do differently? Originally Posted by jughead1171
Nothing. Just because it is no longer considered criminal does not mean it should be any less discreet. I stil would not want anyone knowing I was doing this, and I doubt my married clients would either.
Nothing. Just because it is no longer considered criminal does not mean it should be any less discreet. I stil would not want anyone knowing I was doing this, and I doubt my married clients would either. Originally Posted by London Rayne
This.
First, if decriminalized prices would actually drop (in aggregate) as more providers entered the field. I doubt the number of clients would increase greatly because I just don't see that many more guys getting in that aren't already in to begin with. Not much fence sitting if you are a guy. You either do or don't.

I would still participate discreetly using hobby phone, hobby nickname etc for the reason pointed out by London. However, I would feel a lot more comfortable in the knowledge there won't be the potential to run into LE. I'd probably expand the field a bit in terms of selecting a provider-- might be more willing to take a risk with a provider that isn't well established. I'd still do my research. In the end, I'd probably end up actually seeing the same caliber of providers I am now, but I'd keep my eye open for someone new/different.
Pay sales tax on it???? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
It would actually be just like having your landscaper or massage therapist come over to service you. Same flat fee, just with no more worry of getting arrested.

I wouldn't be able to afford it at all! The price would skyrocket. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
I've heard discussions about this as well...some people think that decriminalization would draw more people into the industry, thus driving the rates down. Others think that providers would take full advantage of the decrim factor and raise their rates exorbitantly. My gut tells me that rates would not change much from what they currently are.

Probably go broke. Remove LE factor would feel a lot more comfortable seeing more ladies in more places. Originally Posted by topsgt38801
LOL.
Nothing.
I'd still screen as I do today and I'd still be very selective as to whom I enjoy the company of.

i agree on the not being able to afford it. demand would go way up thus causing a surge in supply (funds). heck that is the same for states like california and nevada. anyone can get their hands on weed or pussy, so i think it would be a cat and mouse game on how much play the lady wants. many will do it just because they won't end up in jail.

i would still be discrete but id definitely have to do my homework and save up.
Pay sales tax on it???? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
It would actually be just like having your landscaper or massage therapist come over to service you. Same flat fee, just with no more worry of getting arrested. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
mmmm and as both I would have to pay sales tax on as I live in NEW YORK State County of Monroe. So unless a provider could get the state and county to think she is only selling nontaxable food! Rats: you would be serving the food, and that would be taxable food.

SO I would "Pay sales tax on it???? ta"

In New York State
you buy a bagel--tax free
buy a sliced bagel--sales tax
buy bread sliced--tax free
buy a loaf of bread--tax free
buy a loaf of bread and have it sliced--sales tax
any service or added value service=sales tax

Oh and I forgot NYS and Monroe cty have what they call a luxury tax. Are you not a luxury?????

edit: rats I also forgot the "sin tax". ahhhhhhhh please I will take the risk!!!!!!!!!!
It would actually be just like having your landscaper or massage therapist come over to service you. Same flat fee, just with no more worry of getting arrested.

I've heard discussions about this as well...some people think that decriminalization would draw more people into the industry, thus driving the rates down. Others think that providers would take full advantage of the decrim factor and raise their rates exorbitantly. My gut tells me that rates would not change much from what they currently are.

LOL. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
LynetteMarie,

I need landscaping. Can you assist me?

The price issue is interesting. Legalization does not remove the social stigma. Thus both providers and clients will still want to be (semi) anonymous. Providers would gain access to law enforcement to deal with at least some problems that might arise. Certainly acts of violence by providers would be more readily reported to law enforcement and this should reduce the potential for violence (not to zero, but a reduction in the probability), and reducing this risk should reduce the price premium due to this risk. Or course, I don't know how much of the current price is due to this risk. Other risk -- the risk of being outed -- is not likely to diminish, and might increase, especially if government decides to tax the services of providers, making them less anonymous. This, by itself, would lead to increase prices. On the demand side, the lowered risk of arrest should increase demand and tend to increase prices. I don't see how legalization increases the risk of clients being outed, so that impact on price would seem neutral. Overall I assume an increase in demand after legalization, and a mixed supply response. I could see this leading to an increase in price, but obviously it depends on the elasticities of demand and supply.

"Vices" that lack the social stigma of prostitution are often thought to have lower prices after legalization. Many predict the price of grass would drop after legalization. But the social stigma of prostitution is not likely to be impacted much by legalization, at least in the short run, so the supply response would be interesting to observe. Do potential providers stay out of the business at present because it is illegal, or because of the potential cost of being outed. It may be that the supply response is not very large, so that the increased demand leads to a price increase.

Personally, I welcome the social experiment, as I would like this business to be legal or at least not illegal. Professionally, I welcome the data it will provide on how markets respond to changes in legal status.
Personally, I welcome the social experiment, as I would like this business to be legal or at least not illegal. Professionally, I welcome the data it will provide on how markets respond to changes in legal status. Originally Posted by davidsmith0123
Never happen in this country.