Specials......

So ladies...... I've had conversations with several different ladies that run specials now and then and I am curious as to what your reasons are for running them and how do you decide when to run them.

I always thought that it was to kind of say "thanks" to loyal clients along with bringing in new clients.

Do you see your regulars as "cheap" if they come see you during a special?

Do you tell people in your ads how long you will be running them?

Do you notice that the regulars that come see you during specials tend to expect that rate from then on? (I think that is total BS by the way)

What are your reasons for running specials.......

Guys.... do you continually look for specials?

When you go see a lady you've seen before that is running a special, do you give her the normal rate?

Do you find that if you see a lady that you've seen before that is running a special, that her service is of a lesser quality than if you went to see her during normal times?

In all my time in this I have seen maybe 2 ladies that I knew were running a special. Only one of which I had a less than normal time with.
WELL I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING TO BE SAID ABOUT LOYALTY BUT ALSO, NOT EVERY PROVIDER'S THE SAME, NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU THINK YOU KNOW THEM, RULE OF THUMB WITH REPEATS IS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND THAT BARGIN IN THE WINDOW, MAY NOT BE THAT GREAT OF A BARGIN, UNLESS YOU TWO HAVE AMAZING CHEMISTRY....

DEVIN
Do you see your regulars as "cheap" if they come see you during a special?

Do you tell people in your ads how long you will be running them?
Though I have in the past, I no longer offer discounts to the public. I only offer specials to my favorite clients. You know.. the ones that I enjoy.

Do you notice that the regulars that come see you during specials tend to expect that rate from then on? (I think that is total BS by the way)
Yup.. that was the case. I've also heard this from other ladies. I think it's funny. The more reason why ladies shouldn't offer specials.

What are your reasons for running specials.......
See above. You know instead of offering specials, I think it's smarter to add more time. That way you're still getting your donation and the client is enjoying more time. It's a win-win situation.
My only special is to treat them special
I offer discounts off multi-hours only. I will never touch my min. This is for guys who do me the courtesy of pre-booking, or for repeat visitors.
I only offer specials to my favorite clients. You know.. the ones that I enjoy.
You know instead of offering specials, I think it's smarter to add more time. That way you're still getting your donation and the client is enjoying more time. It's a win-win situation. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
My only special is to treat them special Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
....and that's all I have to say about that!!
I never do specials for my min. rate...I try and do some sort of different special every 2 months or so, it's good for business...
I already have low donation rates...so I consider it all "special"...lol

I do offer birthday deals & occassionally I offer "loyalty" deals
99% of my specials are only geared towards my "returning" clients.... I dont feel that I need to give a "special" rate (eg. lower) to someone who has NEVER seen me before or spent a dollar on me..

What I cant STAND..is someone that has NEVER visited with me in the past and has the audacity of asking me for a discount and or half off....SMDH
99% of my specials are only geared towards my "returning" clients.... I dont feel that I need to give a "special" rate (eg. lower) to someone who has NEVER seen me before or spent a dollar on me..

What I cant STAND..is someone that has NEVER visited with me in the past and has the audacity of asking me for a discount and or half off....SMDH Originally Posted by allofamber
Word! I just love the ones who ask if you offer something you don't, like half hours or 15 min. Ummm if I did, don't you think it would be listed somewhere on a 10 page website?
I never bargain or haggle on a lady's rates. Either I accept the offer as stated or I don't call her. There are a lot of ladies that never get a call for one reason or another.

In another thread, someone asked how the hobby has changed. I couldn't provide data, but it is my perception (perception is reality) that when I started in the hobby, ladies tended to run specials every so often. I don't know what motivated them to do that, but they did. These days, very few ladies run specials. Do I look for them? Yes. But I haven't been able to take advantage of one in a long time.

And since I'm likely to never be anyone's regular (explanations in other threads abound), I don't anticipate being offered a special by anyone. I can imaging being teased about one (it has happened openly here), but never offered one seriously.
I don't search for specials and never expect one. It is a nice touch when I am offered one though. I've never haggled a lady on her rates. Even the one that I had a disagreement with I still gave her what she asked. I don't generally ask what a lady offers unless it can't be found anywhere such as site, reviews ect. ect... Sometimes you need to ask in order to avoid wasting either's time. But I don't ever ask rates. It's not that hard to find out. Generally if "rates" can't be found somewhere I'll ask where to look in order to find them. How they answer is up to them.

What I cant STAND..is someone that has NEVER visited with me in the past and has the audacity of asking me for a discount and or half off....SMDH Originally Posted by allofamber
Well Said

Safire Sweet
I tried random specials when it was slow in December, and I've offered several different packages that technically were below regular rates but they were only for multihour appointments. The repeat business just isn't there. But some of my regulars do get special treatment.
Is someone offering Green Stamps?