Questions

Link to my post on the main forum: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...86#post1675686

For those who don't want to jump over, here's what I said and asked.

"Hello, I'm somewhat new here. I'm a writer studying this sort of thing, but that's incidental to this thread. I'd like to state a few facts I've noticed while analyzing this profession, and follow it up with a few questions.

1. I notice that any sort of bust for both a hobbyist or a provider is contingent upon money changing hands.

2. I notice that you predominantly seem to work in cash, debt and credit being silly for such things.

3. A type of currency exists called the bit coin that allows for largely anonymous transfers via the internet. Other forms of crypto-currency are also feasible.

4. Banking of this nature can be done overseas.

5. Overseas banks don't necessarily cooperate with LEO.

6. Providers and hobbyists seem to tangle most often with local LEO.

7. Local LEO has virtually no leverage with overseas banks unlikely to give over customer info even in the event that certain exchanges were tracked.

8. An anonymous exchange of money would protect both providers and hobbyists because even if LEO were on the other end they couldn't prove anything.

9. Federal authorities are unlikely to invest resources in relatively small time busts for minor offenses.

10. The best way to regulate exchanges through certain internet mediums is through a community medium in which services are rated by members and reputations are staked.

That was a set of completely random facts that have nothing to do with one another. Equally unrelatedly, a couple of questions:

Have you ladies ever considered a more sophisticated business model? Have you ever considered unionizing?"

So... yeah.

I am not sure if all that was an insult to the ladies in our midst... but it certainly represents the ramblings of an outsider.

Huck
Not an insult, a genuine question: why conduct a transaction that has a high level of risk when you could conduct a transaction in a way that presents virtually no risk whatsoever?

We have some smart people here, I've talked to quite a few of them over PM, so I assume there is either a specific reason not to conduct business in such a fashion or there is simply a lack of awareness about the ins and outs of crypto-currency and offshore banking.

I am chortling.

In order to affect a change in a business model, a true understanding of the business is necessary. I think Lily's original advice is applicable. Get a degree. Perhaps, get your MBA like some of the rest of us. Learn and understand the business. In a word, go get laid.

Wise advice oh great sage...but it was three word.

True, Chan. One can only hope he takes it literally and figuratively.