Are you having trouble with ECCIE responding???

OK, lately, ECCIE has been really slow, with the following issues I've noticed: (And here I have to type numbers b/c the number list button isn't working) 1. Links take forever to load. I almost always have to stop the loading of a link and re-start it. When I click on a link (like the thread link), the computer doesn't seem to recognize that's what I've done. It's like the link is broken or is only a fraction of the size they used to be. 2. The smilies don't work. The text color doesn't work. None of the enhancements work. 3. I get a message asking me if I really want to download a txt file. What??!! I clicked a link, not a txt file. 4. I wind up clicking some links 2-5 times before they work. Anyone else having this kind of problem, vote here.
FWIW I am having weird stuff too. Clicking on "more" smileys and the computer gets weird with it trying to load the new page. I almost always have to cancel the new window. I'm running Windows 7, IE8 on a fairly robust machine bought in June of last year.
OK, lately, ECCIE has been really slow, with the following issues I've noticed: (And here I have to type numbers b/c the number list button isn't working) 1. Links take forever to load. I almost always have to stop the loading of a link and re-start it. When I click on a link (like the thread link), the computer doesn't seem to recognize that's what I've done. It's like the link is broken or is only a fraction of the size they used to be. 2. The smilies don't work. The text color doesn't work. None of the enhancements work. 3. I get a message asking me if I really want to download a txt file. What??!! I clicked a link, not a txt file. 4. I wind up clicking some links 2-5 times before they work. Anyone else having this kind of problem, vote here. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I've only seen "problem" #1, and I've seen it on a number of other websites, not just here. I have a suspicion it's got something to do with adservers (since it's a problem I see only on sites with banner advertising, like here).

The other problems you mention... I haven't seen them. Sorry.

ETA (per SRO's post, below): OS: Win Vista and Win 7; browsers: Firefox 3.6.13, and IE8.

Cheers,

bcg
Anyone posting good or bad put in what your computer/OS/and browser is. CT's is a Mac.
  • Jipun
  • 02-15-2011, 06:35 AM
so far, in the past month and a half, the chat room has only worked ONCE for me!
Am having serious problems accessing the board today.

Running Windows Vista with Firefox, but trying Opera now.

System keeps bombing out when accessing Eccie, but am able to access other sites.

Eccie Staff, we have a serious problem!

This has been my fourth attempt to post this message. I ran a virus scan and rebooted several times and now switched browsers.

Time to man the battle stations!

. . . The board may be under attack again!
Anyone posting good or bad put in what your computer/OS/and browser is. CT's is a Mac. Originally Posted by SR Only
Yeah, I'm running a 2 ghz processor w/ 4G RAM on a Mac with Snow Leopard, with Firefox as the browser.
I'm also typing my posts in paragraphs (the OP in this thread had the numbered paragraphs separated by a blank line) which is not working.
My Win 7 IE8 runs the site fine today. No lags in page load. Actually as I type this I am on my laptop another Win 7 IE8 machine. Yes I drink the Bill Gates Kool-Aid.
  • Mokoa
  • 02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I run Windows XP with SP3. My browser is Firefox 3.6.15. I have experienced none of these issues.

I also access this site from my Droid 2 with Verizon and have not experienced any of these issues.

trying to view the board from my droid X is torture..

i have a 24mb connection and surfing eccie on a 6mo old laptop running W7 pro (safari browser) and the site is very slow. my desktop custom built top end 3k gaming rig (built by me) surfing this site today is no different than on the laptop.
My Driod 2 can never log on. I'll enter the info, I get teh thanks for loggin in SR Only, and it sends me back to a blanked log-on page (where I had just been).
Barely running the last three days. If I can even get on.

Windows 7, Internet Explorer.

Torito
No problems here, running a 3.6 gig dual core with 4 gigs ram, Ultimate Edition Ubuntu linux, using FF and Chrome.
Dropped connections continuing here.

macbook / safari