Provider's Using google voice/

It kind of annoys me that chicks post ads telling you to call/text, but the don't respond to any texts answer their phones.

Thoughts?
What does this have to do with google voice?
I'm inclined to inquire as to what you are texting them. Is it a provider you have consulted with in the past? How often are you messaging her?

I received a text message the other day from someone I have never screened or met with before. The conversation was irritating to say the least because my ads state, "when making initial contact, please EMAIL me with the names of at least two ladies you have consulted with in the past."

Here is how the conversation went (names have been changed for the sake of discretion):

Caller: "Hi"
Me: "Hello"
Caller: "saw ur ad"
Me: "Who is this? Have we met before?"
Caller: "name is Ryan"
Me: "Ryan, I'm not at liberty to chat until the screening process is complete. Thank you for understanding."
Caller: "well tell your pimp to loosen the reins just a bit. thx"
Me: "I don't have one. I choose, for safety reasons, but thanks for making the screening process that much easier"

I hate to be such a stickler, but where was that text conversation going?

I'm just saying, these are the type of messages we receive. That, combined with life in general (guess what, we are human too) is it any wonder we don't always respond?

My best advice is to be clear and concise when messaging. All too often we are faced with fellows just wanting to chat.

I hope this helps.
Lol I would never be so rude.. It's some of the ladies that I've PM'ed on this site & have already screened me...but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Lol i done had a few texts like that
I'm inclined to inquire as to what you are texting them. Is it a provider you have consulted with in the past? How often are you messaging her?

I received a text message the other day from someone I have never screened or met with before. The conversation was irritating to say the least because my ads state, "when making initial contact, please EMAIL me with the names of at least two ladies you have consulted with in the past."

Here is how the conversation went (names have been changed for the sake of discretion):

Caller: "Hi"
Me: "Hello"
Caller: "saw ur ad"
Me: "Who is this? Have we met before?"
Caller: "name is Ryan"
Me: "Ryan, I'm not at liberty to chat until the screening process is complete. Thank you for understanding."
Me: "I don't have one. I choose, for safety reasons, but thanks for making the screening process that much easier"

I hate to be such a stickler, but where was that text conversation going?

I'm just saying, these are the type of messages we receive. That, combined with life in general (guess what, we are human too) is it any wonder we don't always respond?

My best advice is to be clear and concise when messaging. All too often we are faced with fellows just wanting to chat.

I hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Aidan MacKenna
It kind of annoys me that chicks post ads telling you to call/text, but the don't respond to any texts answer their phones.

Thoughts? Originally Posted by Nightshade90
Nightshade90,

Google voice can be set up with any smart phone, and Sprint has a special app for it. However the texting can be a pain through Google voice because sometimes it messes up and you have to actually go through your gmail account and type a text through the google number if it isn't working properly. There is a danger of you texting through the google voice number where you might accidentally use your real phone with all your information to be seen on caller ID instead of it only showing the google phone number and the anonymous info. Has happened to me a couple of times and thank goodness the gentleman were mature enough to understand that they need to keep that info under their hat. I won't respond to texting anymore through the google voice unless I am actually at my computer and can go through my gmail account to type a text.

I personally do not like texting, I specifically put that on my profiles. I prefer email, or direct pms to arrange appointments and coordinate.

Most ladies do not have time to do text chatting back and forth (and just shoot the breeze with a guy) nor do they want to deal with annoying texts like the one that was quoted above.

It turns me off and it also turns many other ladies off. If I get frivolous text messages, especially if it is from someone I have yet to see or establish as a client I will not see them, and will politely decline ever taking appointments with them. If they continue with texting then I will block them. End of story.

This is a boundary that most women feel shouldn't be crossed. Text messaging can be intrusive.

The only thing you should be texting a lady for in an appropriate circumstance is when your about to head out your door to your appointment with a lady, or when you arrive at her place on the day of your appointment to confirm location etc.

Even if your an established client you shouldn't be texting for a last minute appointment request. Most women are with family or in areas where they cannot respond to texts like that. If their phone is constantly going off beeping and making noise from guys texting, the people around them start to inquire and that can make it uncomfortable for the lady. She might be driving or in the midst of something that needs her full attention.

Just use the old fashioned method of calling (if the lady states that is ok), or send an email or pm if your trying to request an appointment. That is my suggestion.

In addition if your texting messages that are sexually graphic or nonsensical in all likelihood your not going to get a response or she might even block you on her phone.

If a lady specifically says text me and doesn't respond, you need to ask yourself, was this past 10pm at night? Did I say something that was offensive? These could be reasons enough for a gal not to respond who does allow texting.
Nightshade90,

Google voice can be set up with any smart phone, and Sprint has a special app for it. However the texting can be a pain through Google voice because sometimes it messes up and you have to actually go through your gmail account and type a text through the google number if it isn't working properly. There is a danger of you texting through the google voice number where you might accidentally use your real phone with all your information to be seen on caller ID instead of it only showing the google phone number and the anonymous info. Has happened to me a couple of times and thank goodness the gentleman were mature enough to understand that they need to keep that info under their hat. I won't respond to texting anymore through the google voice unless I am actually at my computer and can go through my gmail account to type a text.

I personally do not like texting, I specifically put that on my profiles. I prefer email, or direct pms to arrange appointments and coordinate.

Most ladies do not have time to do text chatting back and forth (and just shoot the breeze with a guy) nor do they want to deal with annoying texts like the one that was quoted above.

It turns me off and it also turns many other ladies off. If I get frivolous text messages, especially if it is from someone I have yet to see or establish as a client I will not see them, and will politely decline ever taking appointments with them. If they continue with texting then I will block them. End of story.

This is a boundary that most women feel shouldn't be crossed. Text messaging can be intrusive.

The only thing you should be texting a lady for in an appropriate circumstance is when your about to head out your door to your appointment with a lady, or when you arrive at her place on the day of your appointment to confirm location etc.

Even if your an established client you shouldn't be texting for a last minute appointment request. Most women are with family or in areas where they cannot respond to texts like that. If their phone is constantly going off beeping and making noise from guys texting, the people around them start to inquire and that can make it uncomfortable for the lady. She might be driving or in the midst of something that needs her full attention.

Just use the old fashioned method of calling (if the lady states that is ok), or send an email or pm if your trying to request an appointment. That is my suggestion.

In addition if your texting messages that are sexually graphic or nonsensical in all likelihood your not going to get a response or she might even block you on her phone.

If a lady specifically says text me and doesn't respond, you need to ask yourself, was this past 10pm at night? Did I say something that was offensive? These could be reasons enough for a gal not to respond who does allow texting. Originally Posted by Sensia
Me thincks that many providers text clients. Some might even text way too much.
Me thincks that many providers text clients. Some might even text way too much. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
If that is the case, then she must not be that busy..LOL
Me: "I don't have one. I choose, for safety reasons, but thanks for making the screening process that much easier" Originally Posted by Aidan MacKenna
OK, that made me laugh.
i think once you establish clientel then you leave that avenue up for grabs. I only text if they say text or if im fishing. come on here....ones ready to blow their load will call for sure. especially if chica is legit. otherwise...text for the fakes and pimps.
I am one that would prefer to text, even with a new provider that I haven't seen. I have passed on some if they have a no text policy. I also explain a little about myself in the text. I am a mid 40s guy and I make sure to tell them that in the initial text. I understand if they do not want to text. for me it is "on to the next one"
What ever happened to the concept of a pre-paid hobby phone?

I may be way out of touch on this but aren't text messages and e-mails what become evidence in divorce cases?

What about the ultimate privacy issues that I have rread about that are inherent in smart phones and the mfg/service provider?

I could easily be wrong on all of this—help me out here.
What ever happened to the concept of a pre-paid hobby phone?

I may be way out of touch on this but aren't text messages and e-mails what become evidence in divorce cases?

What about the ultimate privacy issues that I have rread about that are inherent in smart phones and the mfg/service provider?

I could easily be wrong on all of this—help me out here. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Yep those never go away. The cell phone companies keep them forever.