References expiration date

Ok I need an opinion on this, I was recently used as a reference , but here's the thing I haven't seen the guy in like four years..and I didn't remember him...and I told the provider as much , so here's my question if she sees him and things go bad am I to blame ?
Since you did not remember him, I doubt you gave a good reference. So, it was her risk/
Thanks I told her he was vaguely familiar but that's all I mean am I really supposed to remember someone I saw four years ago ? I'm afraid he may get pissed and lash out at me
As faulty as the "references" from providers may be...

A ref from someone who you cannot recall sounds like a non-reference.

Try not to get caught up in the BS....if you feel pressured, that sounds like a NO ref right there.

Generally 90 days would be max. unless you have seen them many times.

ijs
L8r
r9
Dont you think 90 days is a little bit too short? I have been in the business for a year now and i still give out references from waaaay back. Lol i would give you a reference and its been almost a year. In this case 4 years is too long to remember, but i didn't know when the guy said its been a while that he really meant a while. I would of never contacted her for a reference.

As faulty as the "references" from providers may be...

A ref from someone who you cannot recall sounds like a non-reference.

Try not to get caught up in the BS....if you feel pressured, that sounds like a NO ref right there.

Generally 90 days would be max. unless you have seen them many times.

ijs
L8r
r9 Originally Posted by rhino9
It's ok Allison if i would of seen him and things would of went wrong i wouldn't be upset with you because it was my decision. I wouldn't dare fault someone else for my mistakes
Thanks I told her he was vaguely familiar but that's all I mean am I really supposed to remember someone I saw four years ago ? I'm afraid he may get pissed and lash out at me Originally Posted by AllisonofHouston
No worries darlin as long as you're safe..and yep a year that's good but 4 ? Nope too long I have a good memory but not that good ...
Unfortunately, some referenced expire as soon as I walk out the door.
o wow
Unfortunately, some referenced expire as soon as I walk out the door. Originally Posted by junglemonkey
Ok I need an opinion on this, I was recently used as a reference , but here's the thing I haven't seen the guy in like four years..and I didn't remember him...and I told the provider as much , so here's my question if she sees him and things go bad am I to blame ? Originally Posted by AllisonofHouston
I will not give an Ok if I do not remember them. You communicated that you didnt remember him to her, so it is up to her to take the risk or not. I have noticed a lot of gentleman that retired from the hobby scene, but were old aspd members from a long time ago trying to get back into hobbying. They are going to have to start all over just like a newbie in building their board persona, posting reviews and or getting reliable, recent references. Some think they can throw out their old board handles as if the ladies today will remember who they were...lol Talk about ego, thinking they were some how famous and their reputation is still viable now on these boards. Famous in their own minds that is. Most of the ladies they knew 5-6 years ago are retired and there are so many new gals on the scene today.

Its as simple as giving "Okays" to those you remember.
If you get asked and you don't really recall the person say so; also tell the other person that you barely remember but the session was ____.. After that tell em' to engage in the session at their own risk. This will get you out of any troubles that could occur.
I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday
I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday Originally Posted by tbone2u
Lawls...
Ditto. Lol you hit it right on the spot. That's exactly what happened
I will not give an Ok if I do not remember them. You communicated that you didnt remember him to her, so it is up to her to take the risk or not. I have noticed a lot of gentleman that retired from the hobby scene, but were old aspd members from a long time ago trying to get back into hobbying. They are going to have to start all over just like a newbie in building their board persona, posting reviews and or getting reliable, recent references. Some think they can throw out their old board handles as if the ladies today will remember who they were...lol Talk about ego, thinking they were some how famous and their reputation is still viable now on these boards. Famous in their own minds that is. Most of the ladies they knew 5-6 years ago are retired and there are so many new gals on the scene today.

Originally Posted by Sensia
That's what i was trying to figure out. She said the face looks familiar but she can't remember what happened. I am pretty sure it wasn't anything bad because i will always remember a bad face
Its as simple as giving "Okays" to those you remember.
If you get asked and you don't really recall the person say so; also tell the other person that you barely remember but the session was ____.. After that tell em' to engage in the session at their own risk. This will get you out of any troubles that could occur. Originally Posted by Raccoon