Looking for a place to drink Sake

I'm a big sake drinker and I am getting sick of Genji and Si Me for late night Sake. I am aware that any place that serves sushi will have Sake but, I am looking for a place with more of a bar atmosphere.

Any suggestions are warmly welcomed. Its almost the weekend and Im in the mood for a sake bomb!

Oh and anyone else who is down for some sake drinking Holla @ me!
Osaka on Westheimer is a good atmosphere for what you want. Let me know . . . .

Also, TenShi in the NW on Jones has occasional Sake tasting nights. They get pretty wild.
I've always enjoyed Soma on Washington. Sometimes the crowd is a little douchey, but for the most part, it is nice. There's an outdoor patio, and inside waiting area, and the food is good.

Might not be as much of a bar atmosphere as you're looking for though. Hope it helps anyways.

Oh, and you might want to give Yelp a try. http://www.yelp.com/biz/soma-houston#query:sake

My friends turned me on to it, and I'm hooked. I look everything up on Yelp! Haven't been let down yet!
The crowd is douchey lol. Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm a big sake drinker and I am getting sick of Genji and Si Me for late night Sake. I am aware that any place that serves sushi will have Sake but, I am looking for a place with more of a bar atmosphere.

Any suggestions are warmly welcomed. Its almost the weekend and Im in the mood for a sake bomb!

Oh and anyone else who is down for some sake drinking Holla @ me! Originally Posted by Lily stargazer
might wanna try RA
Osaka on Westheimer is a good atmosphere for what you want. Let me know . . . .

Also, TenShi in the NW on Jones has occasional Sake tasting nights. They get pretty wild. Originally Posted by JohnnyFarangly
ah you've been to those sake tasting nights? pretty fun. they open late now.
One of my favorite places and go twice a week is little Miyako on Westheimer
  • R.M.
  • 05-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Sake Lounge
550 Texas St
at Smith
Houston, TX 77002
Neighborhoods: Downtown, Fourth Ward
(713) 228-7253
www.sakelounge.com
My son goes to Chi on 45north and the Research Forest exit. Next to the Bowling Alley BUT watch out for the Oak Ridge cops....I THINK the place stays open very late and since my son goes there..can't be TOO expensive...plus Woodlands clientele..
Chi is a cool place - I live up here, and it's where I go for sushi. Nice clubby vibe, good food, friendly staff.
Sushi King looks like fun...

http://www.sushiking.us/
Haven't been there since the name changed from Bluefin to Edomae Sushi on Westheimer just east of Dairy Ashford.

When it was Bluefin the front was a bar and the back was a restaurant. Sake was served several different ways and they had a good selection of Japanese beers.
Sake Lounge
550 Texas St
at Smith
Houston, TX 77002
Neighborhoods: Downtown, Fourth Ward
(713) 228-7253
www.sakelounge.com Originally Posted by Reese McClain
So...you're saying a soul might run into you there from time to time???
definitely try RA, Sushi Raku, or Uptown sushi! all good sushi/sake hot spots!
i like uptown. enjoy!
A great place is Kata Robata, corner of Kirby & Richmond. Extensive Sake list, outdoor seating for those, uh, smokers. Great atmosphere. Another is Curve in midtown!