The truth about Herpes

The topic of this post is genital herpes, (HSV2).. not any of the other variants, not even HSV1.(cold sore) which potentially(but unlikely) could infect the genitals.

I made a similar statement to a thread in a private forum but it was widely ignored..probably because it is true, and applied to most of the viewers so nobody wanted to admit or discuss it. In an effort to have a little fun stirring up a little shit..... and seeing how many people stupidly call attention to themselves by denying these truths.

First, I want to remind everyone of ECCIE guideline #16: "Speculating about another person's medical condition is strictly forbidden." This does not prohibit general discussion about a STD nor does it prohibit someone from admitting they have an STD.

Second, Don't believe anyone who who replies to this thread with "not me"... If they feel that strong of a need to deny this without having been directly accused, they probably do have herpes. Also, although condom use reduce risk, it does not guarantee protection so dont go there.

THE SHOCKING TRUTHS:
1. Most providers and serial hobbiests have herpes. How do I know this? It is easy: just use two widely accepted statistics and do the math:
a) 1 in 6 adults have herpes (HSV2)
b) The average adult has between 5 and 8 sexual partners.
So if you have had double the average partners, you double your chances...There are other variables like condoms/SS/BBFS that can skew the odds but the fact remains: the more partners, the greater the odds. A career provider with a history of say 1000 partners?...her chances are pretty close to 100%

2. Herpes is no big deal. It will not kill you and chances are that you will have very few, if any outbreaks after the first year. (Just like the cold sore you might have gotten as a kid. ) The herpes stigma is the result of a very effective marketing campaign in the early 80s by Welcome pharmaceuticals, the inventors of the first treatment: Acyclovir. Before that, herpes was not even on the map. It was just something you got, dealt with and forgot about because it rarely bothers you again. When Welcome Pharm realized they spent all this money on a treatment for which there was no market, they invented one by advertising...making herpes the dirty little secret that everyone keeps.

By the way, I got herpes 15 years ago and after the first year, it resurfaced only twice....Which quickly and easily disappeared with a couple of valtrex tabs.

okay, having said all of this, please do not deny me the pleasure of seeing people argue and make fools of themselves over this topic.
Well, here is the thing.

There are multiple forms of Herpes.

HS1 is the most common. Causes the "cold sores" that some people get from time to time.

HS2 is commonly known as genital herpes. Not the same strain as the one that causes cold sores.

Herpes Zoster is also a form of herpes. More commonly known as Chicken Pox. Once you've had it, its for life and sometimes comes back as Shingles.

Do most people have at least one form of Herpes? Yup. Do most people have all 3? Nope.
I like the part where you backed this all up with trusted sources so we know you're not just making this up or pulling information from random places.
I've also read that 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 Americans have herpes... however, that's cold sore HSV1 form... Haven't ever read how many have HSV2... and I don't think there is an accurate count, but my assumption is a lot less than 1 in 5...
are you serious funindfw? are you saying you dont believe it?

google it and you will find a range of stats, all reasonably close to what I have stated. There is tons of information

here are a couple of links:
http://www.teenvogue.com/story/herpes-stigma-is-a-lie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex
http://www.herpes.org.nz/patient-info/myths-vs-facts/
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love...eath-sentence/

Permission granted, those stats are for HSV2
Hairpies.....
are you serious funindfw? Originally Posted by bengay
No, it's called sarcasm. Lost art these days apparently.
I put a little Ben Gay on my sores, burns like heck tho'.
Now that was funny LBF. PM me if you like to swallow. Wink wink
Well, here is the thing.

There are multiple forms of Herpes.

HS1 is the most common. Causes the "cold sores" that some people get from time to time.

HS2 is commonly known as genital herpes. Not the same strain as the one that causes cold sores.

Herpes Zoster is also a form of herpes. More commonly known as Chicken Pox. Once you've had it, its for life and sometimes comes back as Shingles.

Do most people have at least one form of Herpes? Yup. Do most people have all 3? Nope. Originally Posted by GracePreston
Thanks for the information Grace - However, according to the WHO, HSV1 can also occur in the genital area as well.

But, according to the World Health Organization (WHO);

"HSV-1 can also be transmitted to the genital area through oral-genital contact to cause genital herpes".
and . . .

"Individuals who already have HSV-1 oral herpes infection are unlikely to be subsequently infected with HSV-1 in the genital area."
So . . . is there a possibility that HSV1 can mutate into the HSV2 virus? Who's to say that's not the case. Nonetheless, they are doing more and more research on HSV2 since it has spread rapidly in the Americas.

Furthermore, I did ask this question on my twitter a while back. Prob not the best wording, but a lot of people don't know about HSV1 or HSV2. More so, many STD clinics don't even test for HSV1 because it is so common.

Ladies and Gentlemen - It's time to start considering CBJs and dental dams. Nonetheless, it is equally important to know your status and get tested regularly for BOTH HSV1 and HSV2.
Now that was funny LBF. PM me if you like to swallow. Wink wink Originally Posted by bengay
And I heard you are Don friendly for an extra $50.
I was thinking we can invest that extra $50 into converting a certain "baptiste" (with over 150 reviews!) into MFM Catholicism.

A double stuffed chocolate creampie sounds delicious.
I was thinking we can invest that extra $50 into converting a certain "baptiste" (with over 150 reviews!) into MFM Catholicism.

A double stuffed chocolate creampie sounds delicious. Originally Posted by bengay
HSV 1 in the genital area also acts as a defense to HSV 2. Crazy herpes facts.
HSV 1 in the genital area also acts as a defense to HSV 2. Crazy herpes facts. Originally Posted by THN
so if I have a cold sore on my lip, you want me to eat your pussy, because that decreases your chance of genital herpes??