Your Top TV Shows?

Name your top 3-5 TV shows right now and what makes them so good.

Mia
Game of Thrones - One of the first series in a long time, that is so good it inspired me to read the books that the series is based on. Well, the first two anyway...many more to go . Plus there is a lot of sex, nudity, and boooobs

The Big Bang Theory - I am generally not a big fan of sitcoms but this one is comedic genius. Absolutely hilarious.

Nova - Because I'm pretty geeky and they always have interesting subject matter.

Locked Up Abroad - Makes me think twice about that job offer for Colombian drug runner. Kidding! It's just fun to watch stupidity.

Into The Universe/Stephen Hawking - Same reasons I like Nova, plus it's got Stephen Hawking and he is all kinds of awesome.

1. Psych Cause it's excellent and funny 2. The Big Bang Theory 3. Workaholics

4. Friday Night Lights it's about football duh lol 5. The Trailer Park Boys funny as hell!
1. Tosh.0-it is just hilarious
2. Mythbusters-fun to watch...and Kari Byron is HOT!

3. Modern Marvels-hell, they made CORN interesting.
4. Ugly Americans-makes me laugh
5. Renovation Realities-watching people screw up their houses is awesome.
Game of Thrones - One of the first series in a long time, that is so good it inspired me to read the books that the series is based on. Well, the first two anyway...many more to go . Plus there is a lot of sex, nudity, and boooobs
Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
Ha! I did the same thing... watched the show first then started reading the books. There is quite a bit of political intrigue for a fantasy series. And boobs.

Plus reading the books really REALLY helps keep everyone on the show straight. Now I have a name to all the faces.
Southpark

Holmes Inspection

Dog Whisperer

Storage Wars
  • Lanny
  • 05-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Shark Tank...always interests me to hear people ideas, some good/some bad for businesses

ModernFamily/BigBang...not a big sitcom fan, but do watch these two...genius writing on both shows...Jim Parson's is a Master and Sophia Vergara is, well, uh...I forgot what I was talking about...

American Pickers....Like to see these two guys negotiate

American Experience and/or Nova...Just feel more intelligent after watching either of these...and am king of an info/history nerd....

The Big Bang Theory - I am generally not a big fan of sitcoms but this one is comedic genius. Absolutely hilarious.
Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
Dannie, you're welcome at my house any Thursday at 7pm. I'll pour you a glass of wine. I'm sure I can find Pinot Noir somewhere...

By the way folks, it's not the physics (although it's cool that they get it all correct). It's the culture clash that makes the show...
reruns of dukes of hazzard rocks my world...what kinda trouble are them duke boys gettin' themselves into this time?
1. Big Bang Theory- Bazinga!
2. True Blood - A well written vampire show.
3. Top Gear - Some say that he has a full size tattoo of his face, on his face. All we know is, he's called 'the stig'!
Pysch- Love the dry humor and subtle innuendos
Big Bang Theory - It's just the best on TV
Pawn Stars - just to see how frigg'n stupid some people can be
The History Channel - just about everything is well done.
1. Justified
1a. Breaking Bad

Writing is outstanding and the casting is genius. Timothy Olyphant in Justified and Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad are fantastic at their craft.

Game of Thrones is on the list when I get around to adding HBO.

Edit:

If anyone is also searching for Breaking Bad season 4 (not on netflix) AMC is replaying season 1-4 starting June 11th in anticipation of the Season 5 premier in July.

http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/Breaking-Bad
Judge Judy is the only current TV show that I regularly watch.
If we include re-runs, then I go old-school:
The Rockford Files
Get Smart
Police Squad!
Game of Thrones is on the list when I get around to adding HBO. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Season one is $15 on DVD . I recently purchased it on EBay for a friend.

Or you can come over and watch it and let me feed you bagels and gumbo
House: the smartest show on TV.
Dexter: Well written and acted. Great idea for a show (and Books)
Weeds: I just cannot wait to see what they do next
The Walking Dead: Very well written show. How people react in hopeless situations is true drama.