very interesting read

Love reading Ebooks and this one has opened my eyes to some things

How to Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, and Vanish without a Trace

Amazon has it.. tells you how to lessen your online identity
Why, who cares?
Why, who cares? Originally Posted by Zimmie6942
Yeah really. The NSA is monitoring us either way. It remind me of the book Nineteen Eighty-Four I read back in the day. I'm sure clearing my history is sufficient enough though.
Ok, let's take a blue pill on this ...........

NSA in all it's machinations gets an ebook published telling people "How to Disappear"

So one will pay for this book by some digital manner, receive it in a digital manner, it is in a digital format that could possibly contain spyware, one handles all of these transactions in a digital manner that will allow for some sort of IP trail.

OK just some rambling thoughts ....... but I could not resist. And no I have not read the book. I am perfectly happy knowing what I know and how to implement what I know in terms of my personal digital footprint.
Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know.
Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know.
Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about.
You can't erase but you can leave a false footprint, once it's out their, it stays. Digital monitoring has become so invasive, that almost no one can get around it on a daily basis. Hell are tires in our cars have bar code emitters, that can be picked up some 400 feet away with the right equipment. We live in such a narcissistic society, that so few seem to care, our worse yet. They think some people want to know about the cheese burger they had for lunch. Big Brother is watching, that's the bad news, the good news, he doesn't care about 80% of what we do. Just remember, knowledge is power and that's their end game
Good to see you chiming in JFrame. Your white paper still around? It may be a boon to some of the folks on this thread. Or not, just sayin'.

Like a few people have said, once it is on the internet, it will stay there. Managing you digital life is the best you can do.