Using personal phone as hobby phone

I have been using my personal phone as my hobby phone for some time without having a problem, but now I'm starting to wonder if their are hidden factors that I'm not seeing. I only give my phone number to verified clients, and don't have an SO to hide it from, but of course keep a code lock on it anyway. Are there hidden dangers here that I'm not accounting for? Please feel free to smack me right upside the head with them if so, because I'm not clueless but I definitely don't know it all. Thank you for any input.
I have been using my personal phone as my hobby phone for some time without having a problem, but now I'm starting to wonder if their are hidden factors that I'm not seeing. I only give my phone number to verified clients, and don't have an SO to hide it from, but of course keep a code lock on it anyway. Are there hidden dangers here that I'm not accounting for? Please feel free to smack me right upside the head with them if so, because I'm not clueless but I definitely don't know it all. Thank you for any input. Originally Posted by MsKitty
Being a provider you should definitely use a pre-paid phone that is not tied to your name or any personal information in any way. Pay in cash for the phone and the refill cards.

I'm somewhat of a newbie so I asked a similar question on the KC forum and got some good advice here:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=972332
Call your cell provider and make sure the caller ID is on off & make sure yo udont use that number to anyone you don't want knowing what you are doing because google search will put of every one of your ads. Good luck.
Not a good idea MsKitty.
Your cell records are stored for an indefinite amount of time. Calls, texts, data logs, all of it. It's already been said, and was on jframe's advice. Cash for prepaid cells only. Refill cards? Also cash. Never with a loyalty card or debit/credit card.
I do not use my personal phone.I have throw away phone for business
At least use google voice (or something similar) so you can have a dedicated hobby phone number. Texts are stored in the GV app, and you can change your # as often as you like if the needs rises.
I am a hobbits and I use a google number and have had no problems and I have a so. Google voice has many options to protect you.
I used to post my personal phone number in ads, but stopped doing it a few years ago when I discovered Google Voice.
I have a hobby phone and a hobby only computer. I have taken pretty good care that my hobby phone and computer give false info that cannot be traced. Ive taken similar steps for my private phone with all the n s a bs that has been happening. Not that I do any thing wrong. I just value discretion and privacy.
But one thing I would caution with the google voice stuff and even some apps is that they have their stuff stored on their servers and stuff like that. Read some of the privacy policies and you can see why there could be a concern for potential problems with storage when using these services. So again, with the n s a crap, (Not saying they would be tapping into that stuff) im just saying you can never be too careful.
The NSA doesn't give a shit who you're fucking and neither does google. Put down the tin foil hat and go forth and get your rocks off!
True, buuut some politicians have had to resign from scandals, and tiger's dumb ass left messages to his mistress who of course saved them. All im saying is you can never be too careful when discretion comes into play. Once there was a provider that was asking me questions like when my birthday was and stuff like that. Not because she wanted to get me a birthday present, but because she was trying to go all into my personal life, get my address, how much money I make and other stuff she did not need to concern herself with. I don't do that to providers and I don't expect it to happen to me. So I take the worry out of it all together, so I can relax and have a good time. It's like the saying goes, it isn't paranoia if it's happened before. discretion goes both ways
Why does this keep coming up?

Come on people, if you have to ask this question then you already know the answer.
I just changed my phone # because when I Googled it the first thing I saw was a review on me. be very very careful. I have found information on myself that goes back to addresses as a kid.