PSA: Use the Signal Private Messenger for secure texts and calls

Staff edit, Spam. dj8
Again if your "burner" phone is just something to keep prying eyes of SO away from then whatever, this isn't as big an issue, but in regards to LE or .gov they can see 'connections', "oh this phone with no 'record' is always near the phone of subject A, we'll just mark the IMEI/MEID info on that device as subject A as well....ala parity achieved.
Staff Edit - SPAM - Biomed1
  • Jiana
  • 07-21-2022, 02:55 PM
I keep up with encryption technology and can recommend using Signal Private Messenger, the best secure messaging app that exists today. Ask your friends to use it as well. mod apk download Originally Posted by Kirk615
Because of my friends, i can't use Signal. they won't switch to it and that results in me not switching too. no matter what i say, they are not wanting to use it. They say, WhatsApp and Signal, both are using the same end-to-end encryption technology, so why switching.
I use signal for my daily life, but not for this hobby. That would mean the ladies would have my real number. Only a handful of people alive have my real number.
WhatsApp sends metadata to FB/Meta
I use signal for my daily life, but not for this hobby. That would mean the ladies would have my real number. Only a handful of people alive have my real number. Originally Posted by Crisis25

You can use Signal with other VOIP numbers so your phones "real" number is not used/sent, you can have a "hobby" voip number.

Ideally more of this community should be using signal/protonmail etc
thanks for the info
Because of my friends, i can't use Signal. they won't switch to it and that results in me not switching too. no matter what i say, they are not wanting to use it. They say, WhatsApp and Signal, both are using the same end-to-end encryption technology, so why switching. Originally Posted by Jiana

...are using the same end - to - end technology,
1. I would ask my friend to explain to me in detail what end-to-end technology is.
2. Why is WhatsApp's parent company, Meta, being fined millions of Euros in the EU for violating their privacy laws?