For Christmas, she wants an appointment. Really?

I was asking a lady recently what I might get her for Christmas.

She said she couldn't think of anything and said if I wanted to give her something, I could make an appointment.

My perspective was, "Seriously? I'd like to do something special -- within my means, which I admit are rather modest compared to some of your other clients -- and the best gift you can think of is basically another day at the office, the same old in-and-out, just one of two or three other appointments you'll do that day?"

I think Christmas is special, and I wrack my brain for months trying to figure out good gifts for the people on my list. An appointment seems so ordinary, common, mundane, pedestrian (not for me, but certainly for her).

Other perspectives?
Well, they say that cash is the best gift you can give universally, especially when you have no idea what they want (she probably does not either, but if she does, she does not want it from a john and would feel she needed to reciprocate, and that may be overstepping the personal boundary) plus they can do whatever they want with the money as apposed to having to do a return because it does not fit or it is not what they really wanted/needed. Plus, you get the added benefit for yourself of a session for it, nothing wrong with that and it does not have to be just a Christmas to take advantage of that offer!
Business does slow down during that time so her request is not without some thought. Also she'd not be obligated to get you a gift. Lastly I've learned to never question a woman's gift request. Book the appointment and show up with mistletoe.
maybe she couldn't think of anything immdediately; maybe she felt like receiving a Christmas gift would be too intimate.. maybe she didn't want to reciprocate?
I will take a ps4
The best Christmas/Birthday gift I've ever received in the hobby was a day at the spa, complete with scrub and massage.
  • EZ.
  • 10-10-2014, 09:54 AM
I believe she is letting you know, you're a John.
see above ^^^^^

But, if you do a session, try to think of something special. Buy her a xmas related outfit you would like to take off her. Different location for the session. Maybe go look at the lights first, then a session. Look at her profile. Does she mention anything she likes? if cash seems too cold, then a gift card can be nice. I had a provider that was a bit nerdy so for xmas, I got her a pair of little RC helicopters. Total cost was about $30. We played with them for an hour before we started the session.

You can say thank you for being a great provider without stepping over the line she seems to have placed.
+1 with GracePreston!!! That sounds amazing!
Perhaps you are over thinking it. Maybe she just wants your company. To you Xmas is a gift giving holiday and it is seared into your thought process that gifts have to be tangible items and to her maybe company (in whatever form) is more precious. The holidays can be a lonely time, depending on situation her clients may be the closest thing she has to family and friends.
The other side of the coin is this is her profession and while your token of appreciation may be grand it does not buy gifts for those she loves. That bottle of smell good or lacy sexy number you get to share is nice but it doesn't buy the nephew the rc car he wants or the niece the Barbie playhouse after all.

....or maybe mr/mrs manger hasn't asked what she wants yet (Oct after all) and simply responded to you with a session
Seriously guys, this is all fantasy. Giving gifts is great with friends and family but this is a business.

Also, I can understand why she wouldn't want a gift and may even feel creeped out by it. Most girls want you to know this is business not personal. Just enjoy your time with these ladies and make some non-hobby friends.

Have fun & leave your emotions outside the incall.

" I believe she is letting you know, you're a John."
  • EZ.
  • 10-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Perhaps you are over thinking it. Maybe she just wants your company. Originally Posted by bored@home
Are you serious?
Perhaps you are over thinking it. Maybe she just wants your company. To you Xmas is a gift giving holiday and it is seared into your thought process that gifts have to be tangible items and to her maybe company (in whatever form) is more precious. The holidays can be a lonely time, depending on situation her clients may be the closest thing she has to family and friends. Originally Posted by bored@home
I totally disagree with that. If a provider just wants a hobbyists company, then he should not have to pay for her time thus giving the company she so desperately is seeking. I wonder how many providers would go for that? Incidently, if that john needs a provider's company for Christmas (not Xmas) time, for other than the obvious BCD activities, then what is that saying about him?
  • EZ.
  • 10-10-2014, 11:56 AM

I think Christmas is special, and I wrack my brain for months trying to figure out good gifts for the people on my list. An appointment seems so ordinary, common, mundane, pedestrian (not for me, but certainly for her).

Other perspectives? Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
Invite her over for Thanksgiving.
Take her to the mall on Black Friday and allow her to pick out a Christmas present.