social

Ive never been to a social and just wondering what its like. Do you need a special invite? Do you go alone or with a provider? What activities take place? Just curious, and wanting to know when the next one will be if any.
Hey, I'll second this request...
I cannot speak with any authority, but I will share what I know.
1. socials are NOT sponsored by any board whatsoever.
2. To be able to attend you must be vouched by a minimum number of providers.
3. If vouched and you are invited, you and you alone are granted entry by your invitation; you may not bring uninvited guests.
4. There is a strict code of behaviour at socials, you may visit and talk to others in attendance.
a. Rude behaviour is not tolerated
b. No discussions of pay for play, drugs, or any illegal activities.
c. No discussions that could jeopardize the identities of attendees.
d. No photography ( I think ).
Violation of any of the rules will get an individual banned from being invited to any other "social events" and will get the individual kicked out of the one where an infraction occurs.
These are generalities I believe to be true from my experience and reading of the rules. In another world that has since gone dark, the rules about socials were posted and invitees / potential invitees were encouraged to read and abide by these rules for obvious reasons of safety.
That said, socials I have attended are very fun! One gets to meet and greet and put faces / personalities to various avatars on the posting sites. While not provided, one can get food and drink, meet people and make friends.
I believe they are well worth earning your way into them. But I can't emphasize enough that you must abide by the rules set out by those that set up the socials.
Thats great to know, thanks for the info.
Squire, you are right about the no photography.
I'm okay with a discussion about what a social is and what happens and doesn't happen at them. Just don't name dates, locations, contact information for them...anything that would appear to be promotion of an event otherwise I'll have to lock this.

ECCIE policy is it can be announced on this site by the host(s) and once it is, it's locked.

Thanks for you cooperation.

LAP