Miss Lola is off to London

I am so excited to be going overseas for a little bit this summer for pleasure and hobby pleasuring .
I am just curious if anyone here in the Houston area has been to London and can recommend resturants, hotels, and bars that I might enjoy!

I am so excited about going!!!!
I can't wait to share how my trip went when I come back to Houston with you all.
Don't see them Laugh....
  • MLisa
  • 05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh You should have a wonderful time! I've only stayed 1 night intransit to Paris, in London proper, (I've got family south of there) and it was a nice little place, not far from the "tube" or Piccadilly Circus area. So cant help you w/local food flavor. Really depends upon what areas you'll be in. I hope you will have some local folks to show you around too that is always best. I do love a good pub and pint.
Enjoy!
Just watch out crossing the street. Those crazy bastards drive on the wrong side of the road, and you ain't used to watching for incoming from the wrong way. I barely escaped with my life a couple of times, then proceeded to Peshawar area in Pakistan (Injun Country), where I felt much safer. They're supposed to drive on left there, too...but where I was, at that time, it was mostly buses and those big jingle-jangles you could hear coming. Unlike in London, where it actually seems they're hunting you trying to cross the dang street.
Thanks I totally forgot about the whole driving on the wrong side thing. LOL
Have a great trip young lady.
...then proceeded to Peshawar area in Pakistan (Injun Country), where I felt much safer. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
LOL Don, your unabashed political incorrectness is endearing.
Good luck Lola!

Jessica Simpson, Beyonce Knowles, Eva Longoria, Lola Kelley... Tell those Brits that everything that is good comes from Texas!
Brooke Wild belongs on that list too! Google me! I'm among Brooke Burke, Brooke Sheilds and Brooke Hogan! LOL! So I'm famous too (in my own little world!)!

Have a awesome trip Lola!
Good luck Lola!

Jessica Simpson, Beyonce Knowles, Eva Longoria, Lola Kelley... Tell those Brits that everything that is good comes from Texas! Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley

Most definitely!!

Call me we need to have some more ritas like last time
Brooke Wild belongs on that list too! Google me! I'm among Brooke Burke, Brooke Sheilds and Brooke Hogan! LOL! So I'm famous too (in my own little world!)!

Have a awesome trip Lola! Originally Posted by Brooke Wild

Thanx Brooke!
Im gunna post my pics on my blog if anyone is interested
LOL Don, your unabashed political incorrectness is endearing. Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
What tha! Them Pashtuns and I have much in common. A lot easier to hang with them than with most white liberals. They're a lot more trustworthy too.
Make sure you go to the Tower of London, lots of history. As for restaurants, you have to go to the Texas Embassy Cantina, it's in/near Trafalgar Square. It's TexMex, but nothing like we have here, but then again you go because it's the building that was the Embassy for the Republic of Texas, www.texasembassy.com. The building also housed White Star shipping, the Titanic owners. You also have to do Fish and Chips, but make sure you order that at a Pub as they do it better than in a restaurant.
The Indian food and fish and chips with the smashed peas is my favorite British fare. The British Museum is beyond fabulous. Mind the gap, and have fun!
The Indian food and fish and chips with the smashed peas is my favorite British fare. The British Museum is beyond fabulous. Mind the gap, and have fun! Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
She is dead-on right, (as many times before).

Also, have a friend take you out to their "local" pub.