Movies-anyone seen anything good lately?

The other day I went and watched Legion. The only thing worth seeing is the old lady she was awesome!! I hear that in March the remake of Clash of the Titans is being released! HOLY COW!!! I expect it will be EPIC!

But right now nothing seems to impress me much. Anyone see anything good lately?
"The Tooth Fairy" is a good laugh (hint, if you enjoyed "The Game Plan" you'll probably enjoy "The Tooth Fairy").

And of course "Avatar" is awesome in 3D.
You know, I watched Book of Eli and thought it was alright, for the most part. Up in the Air, with Clooney, was good. I wanted to see Legion, but the reviews of it were so bad, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Seems like there just aren't that many good movies out there currently.
Youth in Revolt was good. Quirky. Michael Cera was taller and more gangly and awkward than ever.
  • PeAcH
  • 01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Eli wasn't bad.
A lot of movies with religious undertones are out lately.

I sense a theme going on..

Next is all themed Greek Mythology!

I really wanna see Ironman 2, Wolfman, From Paris with Love, and Shutter Island.
  • 01-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Looking forward to Mel Gibson's Touch of Darkness Friday.
My friend wanted to see Youth in Revolt. I thought about catching that vampire flick, Daybreakers. Sadly vampire movies usually have a big capacity to go horribly awry. I do have plans to see Avatar while it's at theaters and in 3D. I can't decide to see it at IMAX or at the Alamo. I think every theater showing it is showing it in 3D atm.
It's that movie dead zone where all the Awards bait has been out a while (if it gets an extended release in Austin at all) and the good popcorn flicks are held back to get spring releases or pushed out to summer. Good time to catch up on stuff you missed last year on video.
My friend wanted to see Youth in Revolt. I thought about catching that vampire flick, Daybreakers. Sadly vampire movies usually have a big capacity to go horribly awry. I do have plans to see Avatar while it's at theaters and in 3D. I can't decide to see it at IMAX or at the Alamo. I think every theater showing it is showing it in 3D atm. Originally Posted by Devynn von Tease
I just saw Avatar on Friday. It was pretty awesome. I put it in my personal top 7. From what I cold tell all of the theatres that had it were showing it in 3-D. The ticket is pretty pricey @ 14.00 per person but I felt it was totally worth it. It is long so make sure and hit the bathroom before it starts. One more thing, even with it having been out for a while, it was still pretty packed so make sure and get there early enough to get a good seat. Have fun and enjoy.
yes avatar in 3D was awesome! I am not a big animated movie fan. i tend to lose interest after an hour. this movie had me hooked! even my cheap says its worth 14 bucks!
Big Wet Asses 25 was pretty good.
Avitar IMAX in 3-D was GREAT!! It's rare a movie comes up to expections. Avitar far exceeded them. GO SEEE IT AT IMAX, but order on-line even this Monday at 12:30 it was 2/3 full and it sells out most nite times and weekends.
Thanks for the advice on Avatar. I am really looking forward to catching it soon.
I just watched Hurt Locker on DVD. It is one of the best movies I have seen on the current "conflicts" in the middle east.

I only go to the theatre about 3 or 4 times a year. I have no idea what is out right now...
Just saw Book of Eli--AWESOME!