Where/How to buy burner phone

• solar
  • 04-16-2019, 05:24 PM
It's been a while since I bought a burner. Previously, I bought a tracfone with cash and it had included minutes. I can't find anything like that at best buy anymore.

What's the cheapest way to get a throwaway phone and minutes/txts and pay in cash?
Walmart has a few.
  • quzi
  • 04-16-2019, 07:38 PM
HEB, Randall's, Dollar stores.
  • HUMP!
  • 04-18-2019, 04:30 AM
Walmart has had cheap tracphones and cards to buy more time. Suggest giving that a look.
Act dumb and have the gal behind the counter activate it for you if you need.

• Tack
  • 04-22-2019, 03:41 PM
I was under the impression that all the phone carriers were trying to get rid of burner phones because they were phones of choice for terrorist, drug dealers, and other organized crime activity. If burner phones still exist I would like to get one.
Cheap disposable phones can still be bought at Wal-Mart, and I bought my last flip phone for hobby use at Fry's.
You can also buy unlocked phones online and get SIM activation kits at Fry's or Wal-Mart.
I was under the impression that all the phone carriers were trying to get rid of burner phones because they were phones of choice for terrorist, drug dealers, and other organized crime activity. If burner phones still exist I would like to get one. Originally Posted by Tack
Not necessarily, lots of other reasons people want them:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...hone/90382874/

The Burner app mentioned in the article looks interesting, but I've never tried it.

I sprung for a midrange unlocked smartphone and a SIM kit that I bought online. Been using it for years.
I understand the Galaxy is a good burner phone.

LOL, good one, Cap'n