T Mobile Service Problems - Advice needed

I've had a cheap burner phone, pay as you go, I bought about 10 years ago that's been reliable with T Mobile service until about 6 weeks ago when I lost all connection for an hour or more in the Domain of all places and Pville. Both on different days in the early evening, naturally when I was on the way to a meet. Most recently was less than a week ago in North Austin around Parmer/I35 also early evening.

It's not the phone itself, my private phone is also a cheap T Mobile phone and it lost connectivity as well.

I've noticed my signal strength varies quite a bit over the last few weeks as well.

Anyone else started seeing more outages/dropped calls/txts lately with T Mobile? Are they starting to suck now, and if so any recommendations for a different carrier? Or will I have to bite the bullet and get a more modern phone with LTE capabilities?

Thanks!

E
between my wife, her employees and I, we have about 15 phones on T-mobile and haven't had any issues.. call t-mobile and ask
  • gc161
  • 04-26-2019, 03:13 AM
I use a sim card service that runs through t-mobile. It's not very good.
Consumer Cellular has good pay-as-you-go rates, and I think they're basically just reselling AT&T. I've had good results with them, never had problems with getting good signal. You can most likely get a SIM card from them and port your old number.
I have had similar issues with my hobby phone which is a cheap T mobile pay as you go.
I've lost all connection in the domain several times when going to a LOL session.
It was a mess.