Tiger's 8

What an awesome series of events at Augusta!

First of all, Tiger deserved the ball going in the water. Philandering aside, the man gets plenty of breaks and has not cause to complain over a bad one. If he had hit a shot like that on the last hole of an event and lost because of it, it would have been deserved. A golfer must control his ball, including hitting things with it.

Second, he handled it quite admirably, except he should have smiled. I wanted him to laugh, ask for another ball, and say he was going to do it again. He pouted, walked around, and did it again.

Third, no reasonable competitor would have taken issue with where Tiger dropped. He was close enough. 30,000 people on the scene were fine with it. This issue was 100% media created, including the worthless piece of rotten feces that called the incident in.

That being said, Tiger did say he dropped the ball where he did for an advantage that does seem to be significantly different than where he originally played from. For that thinking, he should have disqualified himself.

A very interesting case that explains why golf has a 100 page rule book and a 1000 page book of resulting decisions on those rules.

And how far this country has come in terms of civil rights? Can you believe Augusta National Golf Club has been accused of making a decision giving a favorable benefit to a black man?

I'm only sure of one thing: that person who would call in about a rules violation he sees on TV is the lowest, most vile form of life on this planet or any other. The worst dredges of eternal hell are too good for that foul miscreant.
  • Tiger
  • 04-13-2013, 03:32 PM
I didn't do anything! LOL
Augusta officials also gave an extremely rare 1-stroke penalty for slow play (first time ever at the Masters despite being violated routinely by the seasoned pros) to the 8th-grader from China. Despite that adversity, the phenomenal 14-year-old becomes the youngest player (by almost two years) to make the cut in a major championship, or in any PGA tournament.
I'm only sure of one thing: that person who would call in about a rules violation he sees on TV is the lowest, most vile form of life on this planet or any other. The worst dredges of eternal hell are too good for that foul miscreant. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
dam I wish what number to call when the Sabers lost the Stanly. I would have called in a heart beat. Yo refs, you can not go by next seasons rules this season.

Yet I was thinkin it will be next season before anyone won that series.

errrr good thing I know nothing about hitting a white ball around a private park LOL
As I would be that ass that called ijs

But I do get phone phone scammers to call LE on me with my over the phone.
Augusta officials also gave an extremely rare (first time ever at the Masters despite being violated routinely by the seasoned pros) 1-stroke penalty for slow play to the 8th-grader from China. Despite that adversity, the phenomenal 14-year-old becomes the youngest player (by almost two years) to make the cut in a major championship, or in any PGA tournament. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Yes Jack. Amazing, the first time it comes up it happens to be an adolescent amateur of Chinese descent? They are all so slow, it's as if the sponsors demand the players walk slow so that all the logos can be read. If they're trying to send a message they need to be a lot louder.
dam I wish what number to call when the Sabers lost the Stanly. I would have called in a heart beat. Yo refs, you can not go by next seasons rules this season.

Yet I was thinkin it will be next season before anyone won that series.

errrr good thing I know nothing about hitting a white ball around a private park LOL
As I would be that ass that called ijs Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
NHL has it right; they don't answer the phone.

I don't believe you're the type to call, but I can't imagine they'd have been ready with a translator anyhow.
errr sorry about the edit.

guessing ya do not know me well.

I pimped hooker stole a pager off me once at the AC. After two weeks of my pimp gave me the pager back and $ for me to stop calling.

When I go car shopping I have had LE called on me for , so far all that have done that been arrested for Grand theft Auto

I once wanted to return a auto part, the store would not take it back. I put them out of blueness in three weeks, left town and paid me two times the part cost.

I can like hell, mmmmm but I like a provider

When I go car shopping I have had LE called on me for , so far all that have done that been arrested for Grand theft Auto Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
When I bought my current truck. Sales man got a bonus for not pissing me off by the dealership owner. The car that is about two years old mmmmm salesman and manager where not so lucky. same dealership owner , he called to say errr sorry will you please drop the charges. errr no as they called on me and it was LE that charged them. so it was out of my hands.

I'm only sure of one thing: that person who would call in about a rules violation he sees on TV is the lowest, most vile form of life on this planet or any other. The worst dredges of eternal hell are too good for that foul miscreant. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
the guy should get a trophy for knowing the rules.

errr look at the time. ahhh latter
I don't believe you're the type to call, but I can't imagine they'd have been ready with a translator anyhow. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
NHL has it right; they don't answer the phone. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
mmmmmm ya may have something right there(I just got out of shower)

Only one mod is still on the board as a mod after taking my and others for month and a half.

he stopped posting for two and a half months.
I didn't do anything! LOL Originally Posted by Tiger
yet your good

well off ta dinner-n-beer at the AC, let legacy69 my way
Golf might be the only pro sports in which an alert TV viewer's inquiry can trigger an official review and disciplinary action. I can't imagine the NFL paying attention to me questioning a catch or a fumble!
Golf might be the only pro sports in which an alert TV viewer's inquiry can trigger an official review and disciplinary action. I can't imagine the NFL paying attention to me questioning a catch or a fumble! Originally Posted by jackfengshui
This is not a good thing in my opinion. What I used to value about golf is that it was the player's own responsibility to police himself. But so much money is involved that day is gone. The lonely diseased recluse who called in was wrong, both in subject and in reason. And I find it ridiculous there is anyone to call in the first place.

What happened on the golf course was a very interesting conundrum. I'm not going into it because I'd be talking to myself, but basically I feel its a situation where the man should have been punished not for doing wrong, but for saying he intended to do wrong.
  • Tiger
  • 04-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Golf is one of the few games where someone on their couch can dvr the game and when they see someone cheat call it in before the player finishes the round. The score does not become official until the player signs the card after the 18th hole.

Mr. Woods is not the first player to get called out by viewers, and certainly will not be the last.