be careful the mods are on patrol

I received this from one of the mods here on ECCIE:

Dear bigbobftworth,

You have received a warning at ECCIE Worldwide.

Reason:
-------
General Disrespect of Others

The Welcome Wagon is for greeting new members, not postign negitive remarks, true or not. Feel free to start a tread in co-ed if you doubt a new member posting
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
ECCIE Worldwide

A certain lady in The Welcome Wagon posted a picture that was not her. All I said was that she was busted by the ECCIE Police and for this I get a warning. Go figure, whatever my life does not revolve around the hobby or ECCIE. A lady posts a false picture, even admits that the picture is not her and I get a warning. Whatever.
Sigh, just a reminder, The Welcome Wagon is for greeting new members, not calling them out or anything else. if you feel there is an issue, post about it in the correct forum. Is it really that hard to understand?
Must be your dry wit that they have a problem with? We should all try and get along. . We thank you for following the rules in the future.
just what I need another country chiming in
another country...now that was funny...
Isn't revealing private communication a no-no as well? Are we having authority issues today, Bob? Need some help working out that pent up frustration?
Lol Traci. Classic.
I have no dog in this fight ........I admit that.

But I do feel like a sucker when saying "welcome pretty lady, have fun here" in the WW, only to find out she was posting fake pics.
I don't have a dog in this one either, but sure have some pent up snow day frustration that Traci would be a great help for!

PPE
I'm just surprised it took this long for them to point you, LOL. It happens to the best of us, consider it a badge of honor or a rite of passage....
I have no dog in this fight ........I admit that.

But I do feel like a sucker when saying "welcome pretty lady, have fun here" in the WW, only to find out she was posting fake pics. Originally Posted by lisa.lisa0302
No need to feel like a sucker. A member is not required to post in Welcome at all.

Like Bubba said, post the negative somewhere else. Welcome means welcome.

Torito
Traci I dont think you could handle me by yourself, so bring a friend, maybe two.
No need to feel like a sucker. A member is not required to post in Welcome at all.

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
Fair enough ... but ... if the pics are false, then the post is misleading. If someone wants to point out that the pic appears to be of someone else, and the post is in all other ways welcoming ... I think that's appropriate.

They don't have to post ... but if they choose to post, what they post should be accurate. To tolerate misinformation is to weaken the value of the information ... which is the point of the board.
  • Go4it
  • 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Reminds me of the Cowboy who gets his coffee water downstream from the herd. Good advice goes straight over his head no matter how many times it is told. (LOL - and there is always his buddy who will chime in with --Damn straight, he makes the best coffee on the trail)
I think he meant current memmbers, not new ones. As in If you dont have something nice to say, dont post in the WW :-)

If there is some question with what a new person is posting, the WW is simply the wrong forum to raise those questions. Do it in Co-Ed for example.

Fair enough ... but ... if the pics are false, then the post is misleading. If someone wants to point out that the pic appears to be of someone else, and the post is in all other ways welcoming ... I think that's appropriate.

They don't have to post ... but if they choose to post, what they post should be accurate. To tolerate misinformation is to weaken the value of the information ... which is the point of the board. Originally Posted by dodger