Some questions about moderators?

I know we have 2 now and not sure AR is busy enough to need more. However, the point has recently been raised about Ginger applying to be a moderator. That was met by some positive feedback by others. I think there are other female/provider mods on Eccie. I think it makes sense for female mods so the providers can have an advocate. The same function could be done on a national scale by a position like an ombudsman, but handling issues locally is probably better. Hence my questions.

1 how are mods chosen?
2. Can someone apply, if so to whom?
3. Do people like the idea of a female mod? (Not necessarily campaigning for Ginger, but the idea in general).
4. Is there a limit re how many mods there can be?

Thanks for the info. Thought I would post here so we are not tempted to thread jack and aggravate the great Lazr!
Most modtards lost a bet with St C, in order to make good on the bet they become modtards.

To apply-Just send a PM to St C with your qualifications. For example: dropped on head as a baby, or had brains scrambled.
Oh, no. I was not going to apply.
I don't believe this is hyjacking this thread but I am only responding to question number 3. I personally like the idea of a female and a male mod. I personally feel the ladies would be more comfortable with a female mod and would perhaps talk to a female mod easier than a male mod concerning possible questionable activities. Just my .02 worth.
I feel if there is a female mod she shouldn't be local competion.
That was a thought I had as well. Some of the ladies appear to get along, some not so much. There is the potential for issues.
I don't have a problem with a Female Mod. Just not a local lady around here. There seems to be enough drama between local ladies to where if one of the local ladies got elected to MOD, that I could see it causing problems amongst ladies. Sometimes when someone has power they can get the BIG HEAD!!
If its not broke don't fix it. Really we have a good thing here.
I feel if there is a female mod she shouldn't be local competion. Originally Posted by themiddlefinger
This.
I think I'll just keep my MOUTH SHUT ..... .
See .... even us mouthy guys learn ... lmao.
But RD does bring some interesting questions to the table.
MGL
I don't have a problem with a Female Mod. Just not a local lady around here. There seems to be enough drama between local ladies to where if one of the local ladies got elected to MOD, that I could see it causing problems amongst ladies. Sometimes when someone has power they can get the BIG HEAD!! Originally Posted by shorty
I'm not sure of that. Oftentimes the job makes the person. There is something about it that makes people get past themselves to do a better job.
Harry Truman was a far cry from a crusader for civil rights once saying , "I think one man is just good as another as long as he isn't a ni--er or a Chinaman" yet he did more to advance civil rights than anyone else in the first half of the twentieth century.
I still like MsGinger for the job. Despite the fact that she has had her fair share of catfights. She is a strong personality who can more than hold her own. Besides considering what we have had in the past its a little hard to cull anybody for temperament when the issue should be character.
  • MrGiz
  • 02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
I am fairly certain that I chose correctly, by declining to even consider!

Popularity doesn't quite qualify.... these days, I can hardly imagine what does!
The Female mods on the board ONLY moderate the female area's. This is how it is, and if I may speak for St. C, from what I have heard, this is how it will remain. So Ginger is welcome to apply for female mod status, but it will only be for the female areas of the board, private forums not included, they may choose who ever they wish to moderate them as they are paid for by those individuals.
Lea Madisson has demonstrated her usual grace and thoughtful approach to the female mod role. Noticeably, she is absent from bickering and cat-fights. Such quality should be a requirement for any female admission to modtardville, imho.