Who actually votes?

With a lot of political discussion going on here, I was just wondering who or better how many, as the poll is anonymous, here on Eccie actually do vote in political elections ???
I do. I know intellectually that my vote affecting the outcome of any given election is extremely slim, but I do it so I avoid the possibility of missing out on that.
  • CJ7
  • 06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
guilty as polled
GARY JOHNSON FOR PRESIDENT

Let's Try Freedom for a Change!

GARY JOHNSON FOR PRESIDENT

Let's Try Freedom for a Change!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, that sounds about right.

You're a fucking loony.
I just wanted to see if there were any illegals on the board that would admit ir.
I have voted in every Presidential race since I became old enough to vote. I was overseas in the military during the 1970 Texas Governor's race and I cannot recall voting in that one. I have voted in every Governor's race since.
I have voted in every Presidential race since I became old enough to vote. I was overseas in the military during the 1970 Texas Governor's race and I cannot recall voting in that one. I have voted in every Governor's race since. Originally Posted by bigtex
Whoop-de-fucking-doo. And you voted against freedom every time.

At least BT voted. You probably stayed at home hiding from the swine flu, salmonella, grape nuts or whatever might have been in the air at the time.

FREEDOM FRIES! Yeah! That's it.

It's amazing how some shitbirds critizice America and Americans but fail to contribute to either.

I guess you got a bad taste in your mouth when Nixon was impeached. Or was it somewhere in Salina?

are grape nuts a new STD?
  • CJ7
  • 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM

how do you know
are grape nuts a new STD? Originally Posted by JCM800

Blue balls or grape nuts?

Me too! I would vote against your definition (if indeed you had ever bothered to define what you think of as freedom) aof "freedom" almost very time. I"m sure that there are some aspects of "Freedom" that we do agree on, but probably not most.

I used to consider myself a bit of an anarchist (which seems to be what most libertarians really are) but I was really a utopian and then I grew up. The thought that a modern society/country or even modern businesses can operate well without government is purely fantasy. A purely capitalist laissez- faire society may sound cool, but is unlikely to actually work in the real world at all. All you Libertarians seem to want to go back to some fantasy time that never or barely existed where government was minimal and fairness and opportunity was equal for all. From my study of history it seems those things have always been pretty much mutually exclusive, but if you have a good example, please enlighten me.

There never was a time when government wasn't involved in the economy (government created money and economy unless you are talking puka shells as currency) and for most of human history, under kings, the government and the church WERE the economy for the most part. I'm as skeptical of government as the next rational person, but to think you can get rid of it all but the military and border security and compete with other advanced nations without cratering the country is just plain absurd.

COG, when you are ready to define your freedom or actually talk about reality all us "libtards" are ready. That is what we've been trying to do all along!
Freedom. The ability to keep what I earn, not be spied on, and do whatever the hell I feel like doing, so long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's right to do the same thing. And for the decisions I make, I will be personally responsible.

What is so hard to understand?