Honest Hotel Opinions Please!

Hey ladies and gents, I'm wanting a few opinions on hotels in North Houston.

I dont live in Houston so I kind of hotel hop. I've been in the westchase area and am now back to my familiar NW side of Houston.

I'd like to stay somewhere reasonably accessable to my guest, and somewhere with acceptable standards. As bad as I'd love to go crash at the Omni or Westin, i'm trying to be reasonable .

So ladies, gents, please share. Where can I expect a lowkey and laid back staff? Are there any North Houston hotels with a good rep, opposed to a bad rep (LE, stings, etc.)?

I like the extended stay hotels, something that can accomidate to my visit/travels.

Thank you guys in advance.. I'm all ears.
You can go on Priceline or one of the other sites and get a 4 star hotel for $60.
Palace Inn??
Palace Inn?? Originally Posted by oldsalt
Absolutely....same result in the end.....nut dropped, money paid.....everyone leaves happy......The End.
PM Fancyinheels, I'll bet she'll have a lot of advise. When you find your perfect place, don't post it in an open forum, you don't want every Tom, Dick & Harry stalking you.

~
North Houston is a giant ghetto until you get to spring. There are no hotels on 45 north of downtown. On 290 going northwest the last motel is the Crown Plaza and it had a reputation of being hot.

You can get the Omni, Derek, Royal Sonesta, or Hilton on Priceline for about 60-70 most of the time.
Nothing beats Priceline's name your own price however the 4 star hotels have learned they can recoup their low ball price by charging you for parking.
  • bbkid
  • 02-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Palace Inn?? Originally Posted by oldsalt
LMAO, oldsalt.
LMAO, oldsalt. Originally Posted by bbkid
You used to be their CEO. Whats the best one to go to? Anything new with them? Lol
North Houston is a giant ghetto until you get to spring. There are no hotels on 45 north of downtown. On 290 going northwest the last motel is the Crown Plaza and it had a reputation of being hot.

You can get the Omni, Derek, Royal Sonesta, or Hilton on Priceline for about 60-70 most of the time. Originally Posted by hardnfast
Actually further out 290 before the beltway there is a Hilton, at Jones there is a cComfort Inn, and at 1960 there is a Laquinta and a Hampton Inn plus a number of extended stay places along the way.
  • "BoB"
  • 02-04-2014, 08:52 AM
You used to be their CEO. Whats the best one to go to? Anything new with them? Lol Originally Posted by Phil A.Cheaux
have not been on the board in ages.....but trolling around do to a pm from a friend.....this thread has me laughing.......I meet a civilian friend of mine at the one East of 45 on Hwy 6 from time to time....It is surprisingly nice....Not far from TMZ

"BoB"......usually wondering which end is up
There are nicer hotels off 45/8 on beltway 8e toward bush or near 610/290 on 610 and then off 45/1960 there are about 4 nicer places then the rest off 45 are in spring the woodlands and Shenandoah. There are also maybe 2-3 off 1960/249 on 1960w , maybe 2-3 off 59/1960 on 59n so it will definitely be based on which area you'd like to be in.

If you need specifics pm me
I'm not an experts on hotels on the north side, but I do hope you make it up to The Woodlands/Spring area.
Try the Marriott by hobby airport. It's right on the feeder so it's very easy to access and it is by far the cheapest Marriott in town.
Try the Marriott by hobby airport. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Huh? You joking right? Oh, I get it ..... "hobby" airport! Cute.