I have a pretty serious question...

• zyzz
  • 01-21-2014, 06:49 PM
I have been looking to join the hobby for a couple months now. But, just realized that I am a blood donor. Does anyone in the hobby donate blood? and if you do, do you lie on the questionnaire when they ask the question regarding the hobby?
Wait, what?
Do what your conscious tells you to do.
If you don't lie then you will be banned from donating for 1 year.

Gay men get banned for life if they answer honestly.

It's all about the risks of transfusion transmissible diseases and the rates of incidence among different risk groups.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/banned...ood-6C10622947

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Biologi.../UCM273092.pdf
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Biologi.../UCM272981.pdf
Hahaha... That is fucking awesome.

You should avoid the hobby. Not because of the blood donor thing. Just because you are an idiot and are going to get yourself in trouble.
  • drax1
  • 01-21-2014, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't donate blood if you are going to hobby. Hep can kill critically ill patients. The last thing you want is some kid getting the risk you took.
Edited by staff.......removal kids and of disease reference.......SMI

• Trey
  • 01-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Man I bet that lady will feel like shit for the next six months. She'll put a muzzle on her brat from now on.
Frank that is fucking hilarious
Frank that is fucking hilarious Originally Posted by circumstances
It is, would have been funnier if it wasn't a copy-paste job.

I thought it looked familiar.
The post and reference will be removed.

#10 - Topics regarding children, and certain images depicting children are not material for an adult-themed board. You must be at least 18 years of age to register and participate here, and along those lines, our subject matter is to surround individuals of the proper age range.
I have been looking to join the hobby for a couple months now. But, just realized that I am a blood donor. Does anyone in the hobby donate blood? and if you do, do you lie on the questionnaire when they ask the question regarding the hobby? Originally Posted by zyzz
I hobby, and I don't donate blood, even though I've been fortunate enough never to have contracted any venereal disease.

Life is about deciding what sort of risk you're comfortable with. Blood banks aren't comfortable with the risks associated with the hobby, and we should respect that.
Agreed blowpop, I don't donate either.

It is worth noting though that the FDA mandates that every blood donation be tested for transfusion transmissible diseases like Hepatitis, HIV, and others before being allowed to enter the blood supply.

Full list of mandated diagnostic tests
I donated blood once about 10 years ago and it was awful, I felt sick and dizzy for a long ass time. Never again. Not for me.
  • zyzz
  • 01-22-2014, 05:58 PM
I hobby, and I don't donate blood, even though I've been fortunate enough never to have contracted any venereal disease.

Life is about deciding what sort of risk you're comfortable with. Blood banks aren't comfortable with the risks associated with the hobby, and we should respect that. Originally Posted by blowpop
If, I make the decision to join the hobby I will quit donating.

I donated blood once about 10 years ago and it was awful, I felt sick and dizzy for a long ass time. Never again. Not for me. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
lol did you hydrate and eat a good meal before?