Looking for perspectives on House Fees

I've lived in Dallas for 20 years and have used the various amps all this time and never charged a house fee. (Except the sub Amps). Just pay the provider for the half hour or hour you asked for. Same with other Texas AMPs.

I travel constantly for work and in many cities these days you pay the house fee first (40 - 60 bucks) then later you pay the provider the usual going rate and it is about the same all over.

Exceptions are Orlando, Europe, Asia, South America that I was never charged a house fee or Table Shower fee.

What's the deal with the house fee? Even at AMPS that are known for non legit activity? Seems they are just soaking us for more $$. Also many of them charge more for Table Shower!

I will appreciate any perspectives from this board. Thanks
Not sure I understand the question ? How is a massage shop owner going to pay there bills if there is no fee for the massage ? The actual massage ladies mainly work on tips. Some of them, not all of them get a percentage of the house fee.
Maybe this is just vocabulary and orientation: I expect to pay a "house fee" of between $60-$75 to schedule an hour massage, as described. It includes my hour of focus time and a great massage. Then there is a tip for additional massage services that invite tipping. On an L0 massage, I will still tip for a great massage, just not as much. As I read this, it is not the "house fee" you are upset with, it is the extra tip that GPS ladies are expecting without actually doing the work. I agree with Cubsoxbull on what they get paid, but I also know that good shops are a band of friends and friends never let one of their band starve. So they will informally balance the amount of income earned in a heartbeat rather than break up the team. In the end, I look at it as one number. On the second visit, they pretty much know what is possible and we never discuss.
My answer is what csb said. He said it just right.

But about Asia. In Việt Nam, you best know the House gets everything. Sometimes you pay upfront, occasionally after, but you pay the House. They decide what they will give your girl.
You are confusing AMP's and SubAmp's.

AMP's (Dallas and Korean) don't offer massage. It's all in for the girl at 180/240 and that takes care of the house.

SubAMP's are pay the house and work it out with the chick.

Simple enough?
I am not referring to Sub AMPs that usually see women or couples, or foot spas, etc.

I'm seeing in similar places in California, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, you pay House Fee. Not in Virgina, Florida, Texas as I recall at the moment.