Hotmail is shutting down

Looks like everything to do with hotmail is being moved to msn outlook. Since I have a hotmail address, can anyone tell me how this will affect me?
Looks like everything to do with hotmail is being moved to msn outlook. Since I have a hotmail address, can anyone tell me how this will affect me? Originally Posted by Doris day
I can't answer that question for you. But I can't imagine you being anywhere but HOTmail.
What I heard is that hotmail address will transfer over "as is" to the new program so you really should not have to do anything
i never liked hotmail.

but after hearing good things about outlook.com i gave it a try -- so far it's been great. works just as well as gmail but with much less clutter.

i only have one minor quibble - you have to log in using your entire email address (you have to type "username@outlook.com" instead of just "username" like on gmail or yahoo).
All you have to do is click the button and in seconds its converted. Looks like new format is a lot less cluttered. Time will tell....
Been on hotmail since 1999. Hobby address.

Guess I will go check it out.
I updated today..works perfect and you keep your hotmail address exactly as it is. no problem at all
Lmfao I have had my hotmail since I was like 14.