Would you be willing to pay for a new Stadium to bring the Raiders to San Antonio?

New stadium?

A]yes

B] no

c} don't care
  • Mokoa
  • 01-26-2016, 10:12 PM
No. They can pay for their own stadium. We are a community, not an ATM for the NFL.
More responses might come if put the poll in the San Antonio forum.
I was trying to get some feedback if the Raiders were to move to San Antonio, what were
the thoughts about that.
I'd like it if the Raiders moved to SA. They'd be closer for me to hate.
  • DSK
  • 01-28-2016, 02:37 AM
New stadium?

A]yes

B] no

c} don't care Originally Posted by pickupkid
The Alamodome is a perfectly good stadium - why build another?
The Alamodome is a perfectly good stadium - why build another? Originally Posted by DSK
Because NFL owners seem to need a new stadium every decade or so, lol ....if the Edward Jones Dome was too outdated for the Rams then I'm sure the Alamodome would be too outdated also for a team.
The TWA dome in St Louis was smaller than the Astrodome, which was deemed not NFL worthy by the NFL before the TWA dome opened. Davis will move to wherever he can get the best deal. The cowbitches and Texans will fight to keep rights in Central TX.
I'd like it if the Raiders moved to SA. They'd be closer for me to hate. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And you will hate them even more when every home game results in a complete shutdown of the city.

The Alamodome is a perfectly good stadium - why build another? Originally Posted by DSK
Its only about 1/2 the size it should be.
The Alamodome is twenty years old. The only way to attract the Raigers would be to build a new dome.
No......
The Alamodome is twenty years old. The only way to attract the Raigers would be to build a new dome. Originally Posted by pickupkid
You see a perfectly good dome, the NFL sees the Roman Coliseum.
Las Vegas has put in their bid. UNLV and Sands offer a new stadium

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-in-las-vegas/
imo, a stadium, new or "old" is only a mere part of the overall financial equation.

Can a team attract the kind of ticket buyers to fill out the expensive boxes and top tier priced seats in a city such as San Antonio?

Can the city attract enough top of the line conventions and other events other than football to fill that stadium? More importantly, will the city itself get enough stadium revenues to retire the debt incurred to finance the construction and operation?

Yes, the 'boys and the Texans want to hog as much NFL revenues and fans as possible. San Antonio now proabably doesn't contribute very much to them now, so not a biggie. Would an NFL team pull revenues from them? Unlikely, imo.