Something to think about with respect to cell phones

Woman arrested over drug-related texts

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 9:53 AM CST Updated: Feb 19, 2014 9:54 AM CST

BRYAN, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas woman has been arrested after a cellphone owner with a new number contacted police to report unwanted drug-related text messages.

Brazos County jail records show 43-year-old Jana Janean Closs of Austin was being held Wednesday on two counts of manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance. She also faces a charge of offering to deliver a dangerous drug.
Online jail records don't list an attorney for Closs, who was arrested Monday by Bryan police.
Investigators say a person with a new phone number kept getting drug-related messages from an unknown individual. Bryan police took over the cellphone conversation and set up the drug-buy meeting.
Police confiscated methamphetamine, Xanax and another prescription drug called Tramadol from Closs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies, consider using a Google voice number or some other totally burnable number for your hobby phone. The phone company does recycle phone numbers. ( One of my businesses once bought me a "work phone". You would not believe the calls and messages I got for the previous owner of the phone number)

Men, NEVER NEVER discuss illegal activities on an phone. (rates or services)

While this was not hobby related. It certainly applies to the hobby.
Yep, there's something to be said for the cheap walmart burner phone... I mean, you never when your regular cellular network will be down. Really!
Nice thread Sarge.