The flag

I represent my American flag proudly. It's all I know. I ride with it displayed in my truck and people give me these looks like I have a problem!! What's wrong with people that one gets offended by the flag. Ok the political garb. Yeah whatever but that doesn't change how I feel about my beautiful country and the many that fight for it. My opinion I dont need the tree hugging, political hating comments. At the end of the day I am an American and represent regardless of who's offended.
To answer your question, I think there was a question there. I have seen a uptick in the attitude since 9/11 represented by "well if you don't like it you can leave" statement that you can hear quite prominently many places. And those people tend to be waving flags. So it is probably a misconception from judgement people about you as opposed to a disgust with the flag. Which now that I see it in print doesn't make it better.
Many people are using the flag today as a symbol not of its freedom so many died for but of their personal fear and hate. If you fly the flag with national respect. Thank you. I hope to meet ya someday to shank your hand.
I actually respect my flag and what it represents to me. I come from a family of generations that served as my little brother that is still active now. So my thoughts are very reserved when it comes to that.My family bleeds for freedom.