Galaxy Tablet?

Ok so this may be elementary for many folks. But I have never used a touch screen phone or tablet ( don't laugh I still like my flip phone! ) But with work I'm kinda forced to!
So I bought one of these tablets. I duno if good choice or not?

Anyway, so how does a person, get rid of shit like video, games, news etc? I did finally figure out how to disable my txt. I don't want it for any of that stuff! I can get my fill of it at home on computer if I want it.

How do ya go 'back' to previous screen on let's say maps?
How do ya enter an address on where/how to get there? ( I found a place to type in an address but can't figure out how it will bring up a map/directions )
What the little tiny icons do/ Some times 1 works and some times 1 won't! I don't know if it does anything!

Yes I did google stuff at home and all I find is stuff how to get more apps etc and how it works! That isn't what I need or want! No instructions on disabling or deleting things.

So I guess I'm not knowledgeable on all that stuff. Kinda 'old school' I guess?
Thnx so much! In advance.
Videos, games, etc are what is called bloatware. Typically you can't get rid of that without rooting your android device. Rooting will probably be a little advanced for you, but there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it. However this site says it has an app to that hides, note this isnt deleting the bloatware, without rooting your phone.
https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/fi...ndroid-device/

Here is a step by step process on how to use maps.
https://support.google.com/maps/answ...DAndroid&hl=en

I got rid of my droid awhile ago, but off the top of my head there should be an backwards arrow of some sort. This should act as your "back" button. Also be sure to read the manual. A sales rep at any tech or phone store will probably assist you too.
Hey good time thanks for the reply/info. I may have jumped the gun some what but I was so frustrated with it all and over whelmed.(spelling?)
I kinda needed some info before the wknd was over so when the store opened up I went there and they did help me. Got some of the junk off it and showed me some basics on how it somewhat works. At least enuf that I can get it to do the things I want for now. Yea I may experiment with other things as time goes on but for now all is cool! Or works whatever.
Thnx again!
No problem. It will all come to you as you use it more.