Are we headed for recession?

Recently saw this article and wondering about others experiences.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...sk-sex-workers

Are we headed for a recession?

I’ve been away from the hobby bc I got a girlfriend, but shocked to see these prices.
I would say a recession is starting. I had to pay over $150, to fill up my 35 gallon tank. At that moment, it was 30 cents a gallon cheaper gasloine than everyone else. I fill it up about twice a week. So like the old saying goes, " I will have rob Peter to pay Paul" or in this case "Petra to pay Petro"
well my rates are some of the lowest around so sometimes I worry that it might hard to afford trips if hotels are too high or gas too high...
BUT thankfully I have so many awesome repeat friends that book me up on most of my tours so I can still travel!!
But hotels are getting higher and gas is outrageous..my Jeep only gets 19 miles to gallon!
So therefore I have to really plan well and look for best deals on gas and hotels....and it makes it harder to offer my guys discounts and still stay low volume.

I just keep praying that everything works out!!
Hell don't worry about a recession Joe got it totally under control, don't believe it ask him
well my rates are some of the lowest around so sometimes I worry that it might hard to afford trips if hotels are too high or gas too high...
BUT thankfully I have so many awesome repeat friends that book me up on most of my tours so I can still travel!!
But hotels are getting higher and gas is outrageous..my Jeep only gets 19 miles to gallon!
So therefore I have to really plan well and look for best deals on gas and hotels....and it makes it harder to offer my guys discounts and still stay low volume.

I just keep praying that everything works out!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Dallas GOD just has a way with us in our lives, may be it’s time for you to leave the business and turn your life back to HIM. If we would just accept him into our lives HE loves all of us no matter what we are doing. We just need to listen to HIM and let HIM guide us along. I accepted HIM into my life at a early age but have been tempted so many times, I just keep asking for HIS forgiveness and try to move on and keep a closer walk with HIM.
I’m not sure that it’s a recession. It feels different than the 2007-2009 fallout. We could somewhat see a future recovery then. I don’t think those with new cars and homes are in danger of losing them. We don’t see the adjustable points and/or subprime loans this go around. This feels more like a new division of the classes (haves or have nots). I’m not a financial expert though.
It sure seems like it. The only way to stop runaway inflation we have now is to stop spending. Inflation in and of itself will do some of that but if the gooberment wants to do something it's raising interest rates. Weez about to have higher prices on everything AND high interest rates. It's going to hurt.
Dallas as good as you treat us men most of us would understand if you raised your rates
As far as a recession goes i think we are in for some very bad times
Food gas and everything we need to live constantly going up. Most people simply don't make enough to with stand much more. Our government would fuck up a wet dream.
How many men here make anywhere near $300-$600/hour? My guess is not too many........
true Bored
ok lets break it down for me
after hotel cost food cost and gas cost i basically dont even clear anywhere close to a benjamen franklin an hour lol

but i luv what i do so i keep on rockin best i can!!!
Topgun,
Yes a decent on point article.
And, Audrey has a point.

To me, perhaps more like stagflation.

Hotel bookings were nice coming out of covid, but have stalled.
The hotel project that was to replace the HI at plaza is dead and now that's struggling to just grow weeds.