The Green Conundrum.....

People can't afford gas and Joe Feeble wants them to spend 60k on an electric car.....

At the new and higher inflation rate.... with an electric grid that can't handle the load....

BTW.... do you know how much fossil fuel is required to BUILD that battery??
I've said it for years, build cars to run Alcohol, would take minimal retooling. Corn squeezins not only make great booze!
I wonder if you get better mileage from Tito's or Kamchatka....
I have no problem burning recycled Dinosaurs.

For electric, unless your using an EV for commuting, you should consider what a battery replacement may cost as it will die between high 200thou to mid 400thou miles.

Current estimate for a full battery replacement of course depends on the vehicle, but at least $13thou plus labor and misc parts.

For any equipment the cost should be calculated with acquisition, maintenance, fuel (or recharge costs) included then contrasted with production. At one of my clients, there's a machine still stamping out metal widgets over 30 yrs after install.

For vehicles, the comparative is cost per mile. Even with Federal Tax credits an EV is close to, but does not beat a commuter car. Any other vehicle and an EV is a loser.
But, add the cost of a replacement battery, and then all EVs are losers on the equation.
Every taxpayer will be buying electric vehicles under Biden's plan to convert the entire federal fleet 22 Billion in round numbers which doesn't include charging station and replacing the batteries every 5 years Probably every state agency that gets federal money will probably be ordered to buy them also

11 Billion 200,000 passenger vehicles a $55,000
7.5 Billion 78,517 heavy-duty trucks $95,000
3.3 Billion 47,369 vans $70,000
339 Million 847 ambulances $400,000
I've said it for years, build cars to run Alcohol, would take minimal retooling. Corn squeezins not only make great booze! Originally Posted by ben dover
When Autos were first invented they ran on alcohol. Then oil companies came along and many autos had a switch installed so you could flip it to run on either alcohol or gasoline. Then after a bit Big oil took over and knocked out alcohol completely.

Now we have this.

Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Originally Posted by Zollner
So ya thinking its not the " Petafile in Charge" fault gas/oil jumped up ????
So ya thinking its not the " Petafile in Charge" fault gas/oil jumped up ???? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
I'm sure he's convinced it's Trump's fault.....
Today Biden said he wants an electric car, but isn't allowed to drive as "vice president". 🤪
Yesterday Jerry Nadler said his biggest accomplishment was impeaching "George Bush" twice. 🤪.
No memes neccessary, there's video.😂
Every taxpayer will be buying electric vehicles under Biden's plan to convert the entire federal fleet 22 Billion in round numbers which doesn't include charging station and replacing the batteries every 5 years Probably every state agency that gets federal money will probably be ordered to buy them also

11 Billion 200,000 passenger vehicles a $55,000
7.5 Billion 78,517 heavy-duty trucks $95,000
3.3 Billion 47,369 vans $70,000
339 Million 847 ambulances $400,000 Originally Posted by LayingPipe
Ford has 8-year warranty on EV batteries. I don't keep cars more than 4-5 years. And tbh it's not about the cost or the green thing for me. It's about how much better it is driving this car over any car I've previously owned, and not having to stop at gas stations or do routine maintenance other than tire rotations.
I may trade-in for the Mach-E GTPE. It wasn't available yet when I bought mine. Ford is offering almost what I paid for a trade-in. Considering the $7500 + $2000 tax credit I received, and that I can also get the $7500 on the new EV, it's tempting.
Ford has 8-year warranty on EV batteries. I don't keep cars more than 4-5 years. Originally Posted by Willie Wanker

Car companies are required to warranty batteries but they can set at what capacity the battery decays to. Ford is 70% They are also pro rated Your not getting a new battery in year 7

A well taken care of gas powered engine can easily go 20 years