Before I go and do something crazy.. Your Thoughts?

Okay, with the whole ASPD unreliability as of late, I am considering going through my e-mail contacts and sending a little mass note (after compiling a filtered list) to invite some of my contacts to sign up here at ECCIE.

Would any of you consider that to be "spam" or would it offend anyone if you got something like that?

Sample Message:

Hi, I know with ASPD being down you might be looking for another resource board with wonderful people and great hobby content. I would like to personally invite you to check out www.eccie.net. I really enjoy this board and think you might as well.

Hope to see you there soon!

Cassidy Blue

As ASPD has been down for two days now, I am thinking that today would be the perfect time to invite some of the great folks we know to join here.

Your thoughts?
  • npita
  • 11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I might be in the minority here, but I consider any email that isn't written for me, personally, to be spam. I think you should restrict your messages to those people to whom you can write a personalized invitation.
Just make sure you sent it ALL as blind carbon copy if you decide to go thru it.
I think "if" I do this, I will go thru and just personalize, not mass. As someone pointed out, there might be a "shared" account. So in addition, I'll just send it to my single gents and providers that I know well.
I have no problem with it, But lately some providers have been sending out mass emails saying when they are available and it irritates a lot of guys.
Another thought is that not every guy who claims to be single is telling the truth.
I have no problem with it, But lately some providers have been sending out mass emails saying when they are available and it irritates a lot of guys.
Another thought is that not every guy who claims to be single is telling the truth. Originally Posted by monkmonk
I don't e-mail anyone with my "availability" unless they ask first. I can see where that would annoy!! As far as the "single" thing, yep the only way I can really tell is if I've done outcall to the home. I don't outcall to married folks, don't want any bullet holes in me! I'm a chicken that way. LOL
  • YSD
  • 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Would not offend me personally at all---I kinda" like knowing when a provider is re-branding or rousting up business. Broken record Jericho----I truly appreciate the business side of the hobby. You need to do what you need to do.
K~ I utilized the system here and personalized 9 invites. I just went thru my list and was selective. If some of the rest of us here do this (that can), I think we will have a great member drive.

*smooches*
Oh HELL YEAH !!

Did I just do that?
Cassidy, you can message, call or PM me at any time!

Chipper
  • 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Go for it need more providers and hobbist on ECCIE great site that is getting better all the time.
Would not offend me personally at all---I kinda" like knowing when a provider is re-branding or rousting up business. Broken record Jericho----I truly appreciate the business side of the hobby. You need to do what you need to do. Originally Posted by Jericho99
I'll offer an amen to that sentiment -
Oh HELL YEAH !!

Did I just do that? Originally Posted by SP Hunter
LOL - yeah, dude, you did. Huzzah!
invite them. That means more reviews for me to attach pics to