Anyone else using Androgel?

I posted a thread in the National Discussions about what kind of preparations one did before an appointment. I mentioned Androgel as one of my basic preparations and got several PMs regarding it. Herewith is the basic message of my reply:

Step 1: go to your doctor and have him do a blood test to see what your baseline testosterone level is. If it is way down to the level of 300 or less, he may prescribe Androgel. Normal T levels go from 300 to 900. Higher than that an you'll get road rage - you'll be that aggressive.
Step 2: Order the Androgel - it really does keep smooth cardiac musculature from becoming atrophied and is preventative for a heart attack at midlife.
Step 3: Use as the doctor prescribes. Depression that may be hormonal disappears. Antidepressants get discarded as unnecessary. New drive to start up a new business venture returns. Diamond cutter erections become the morning wake-up just like when you were in the 8th grade and had to walk out of class with a notebook across your crotch.
I was diagnosed with low testosterone once. Tried the Androgel and the pads. Neither did much for me other than give me a rash. Since then, my testosterone has gone back up on it's own. I was quite looking forward to it working because low testosterone mimics the effects of major depression and I was hopeful that I would feel better and be more alert and have an upswing in mood. Maybe even get off my anti-depressants. No such luck during the three or four months that I used the hormone replacement stuff. At least for me, although others who have been diagnosed with depression say it's like a cloud being lifted.
I am on Androgel, ad can definitely tell the difference when I a couple days, also noticed that the smell, after drying, seems to heighten the ladies libidos. I love the stuff, and it does help also with the intensity of my O. And helps with depression, a great combo!
My doctor says that way too many men in their 40s and 50s are on antidepressants when they should be on Androgel. I was getting weepy all the time when my T levels fell below 300. I was also fatigued and had NO libido at all.
Another benefit of the HRT is that arthritis lessens. It isn't a magic bullet and it isn't for everyone but it works for me.
On the other hand, if I spread it on my SO, it makes her BITCHY...well, bitchier than usual.
I was prescribed the new "sotto pelle" treatment, with natural testosterone pellets under the skin in your butt cheek. Not cheap, but worked like a charm! Mornings felt like I was 17 again!
As a former personal trainer I'm familiar with most every testostrone product available. In the past, i've referred my male training clients to the doc to inquire about scripts to help them in their training.

Please note this WARNING:

Most important fact about AndroGel
Men using AndroGel must be careful to prevent contact between gel-covered areas and other people's skin. The drug can be transferred by skin-to-skin contact and can have harmful effects on women, especially pregnant women and their unborn babies. Women who touch AndroGel should wash with soap and water as soon as possible. Female partners of men who use AndroGel should contact a physician if they develop signs that the hormone is being transferred, such as acne, increased body hair, or other male sexual characteristics.

PLEASE guys, do not apply this to any female nor apply it to a part of your body that will have female contact unless that area is washed throughly first.
Thanks for that reminder Cassidy. I tried it on the SO as an experiment to see if it would restore a flagging libido. Didn't work.