Eccie Security Certificate Expiration

It's no coincidense that all of our amazing mods let the security certificate expire.

Its also no coincidence that this happened shortly after Winn Dixie was banned.

Im convinced he is 100% responsible.

Winn Dixie, take your ban like a man and come back when it's lifted.

Shame on you.
The Mods/Admins have nothing to do with maintaining the Certificates for the Web Site.

The IT Folks have been informed of the Certificate issue.
While you're at it the m.eccie.net certificate has been expired for months. Maybe you should just buy a wildcard cert that covers everything *.eccie.net.
The IT Folks have been notified of the Certificate Issue.
  • ketro
  • 04-23-2022, 05:05 PM
The IT Folks have been notified of the Certificate Issue. Originally Posted by biomed1
Like everything and everybody else, the IT folks do very little to nothing around here.
  • Smerc
  • 04-23-2022, 10:58 PM
The IT Folks have been notified of the Certificate Issue. Originally Posted by biomed1

They're there though right (like there's an exchange of communication)? I've been involved with a few forums and they were taken out this way.

This is typically what I picture
I reported it yesterday.
It's fixed today.
I got no complaints.
This whole enterprise is operating in a legal grey zone, not to mention the possibility of the same kind of attacks that have shut down rubratings.
It's not like I couldn't find hookers before Eccie.
What I find odd is the same issue is plaguing Oh2 and certs are not that expensive.... Unless it is something else.

And before someone says its a DDOS attack, unless the hosting company sucks moose balls and cannot firewall protect you from the initial attack, they usually see the attack and can shut it down within 1-2 hours.
  • ketro
  • 04-24-2022, 01:54 PM
I reported it yesterday.
It's fixed today.
I got no complaints.
This whole enterprise is operating in a legal grey zone, not to mention the possibility of the same kind of attacks that have shut down rubratings.
It's not like I couldn't find hookers before Eccie. Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet
Why is this post getting mentioned in threads all over the site? Maybe biomed1 meant to link some other, more relevant post from the admins about the certificate expiration issue?
Why is this post getting mentioned in threads all over the site? Maybe biomed1 meant to link some other, more relevant post from the admins about the certificate expiration issue? Originally Posted by ketro
Admins just blowing smoke about how quickly they fixed the issue. The mobile certificate issue was reported back on 1-31-22 at least
https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...98&postcount=1 and they didn't seem to give a damn about it.
  • ketro
  • 04-24-2022, 02:02 PM
The mobile certificate issue was reported back on 1-31-22 at least
https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...98&postcount=1 and they didn't seem to give a damn about it. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
I wonder who it was that reported the issue...
I wonder who it was that reported the issue... Originally Posted by ketro
LOL- and the mobile ones are still down. How lame!
  • ketro
  • 04-24-2022, 02:41 PM
They updated both sites at the same time. The mobile site should be working.
It was down still a bit ago. Seems to be working now.