Old Settler's Music Festival

I am leaving in the morning to head to Dripping Springs for some great music and even greater barbecue!

It's hard to believe it's already been a year since OSMF was here. Time flies for sure...

I'll be out of touch until Monday so don't think I've disappeared or anything. Is there anyone here who will be going there? If you are and you see me, be sure to say hello!

See ya'll next week!

--v
Vicki, where the hell is dripping springs?
Hope you have a fabulous time.

BP
LOL! It's South of Austin about 1/2 an hour.

I WILL have a fabulous time! For sure, for sure...
Take 290 south (to Johnson City) when you hit Austin. There will be signs. Besides, there isn't alot besides Dripping Springs out there. I think "The Alamo" was filmed out there too.
I haven't even looked for the directions yet...I've been packing and chatting with my daughter.

I just put it in my GPS last year and the nice lady who lives in the dash of my car told me how to get there. It IS in the middle of nowhere! But Salt Lick Barbecue is there! MMMMMMMM....MMMMMMM....MMMMMMM !!!
Oh yea.. The Salt Lick ! Loved that place during college... Haven't been back since but remember it wonderfully well.. Used to spend the day down the street from there jumping off the highway overpass into the creek below... Sunshine, cool water, hill country, and tremendous BBQ. Thanks for the mammary.... Crash
I'm so jealous! Love the Salt Lick! Have a great time!
... Besides, there isn't alot besides Dripping Springs out there. I think "The Alamo" was filmed out there too. Originally Posted by Dharma
dripping springs - hangout of willie and friends. home to Johnny Gimble, of Bob Will's Texas Playboys. about 10 miles from Hamilton Pool - a great swimming place formed from the collapse of a limestone formation. http://www.texasoutside.com/hamiltonpool.htm

the 1960 "The Alamo" was filmed in bracketville, tx.

the 2004 "The Alamo" was filmed in austin, bastrop, and dripping springs, among other locations. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318974/locations

[way off topic but related to texas...
one time i went to the UK. after i arrived at the hotel and was unpacking, i turned on the TV and lo and behold there was a 1930s version of "The Alamo" with some british actor portraying Travis. very strange. cant find it on imdb.com, tho.]
I am leaving in the morning to head to Dripping Springs for some great music and even greater barbecue!
See ya'll next week!
--v Originally Posted by vnurse
so, vicki, how was it??? or are you too plump tuckered out from all the music and fun and drink????
OMG! EXCELLENT times as always!

It was very windy and dusty...the drought is making it bad for fires everywhere. Nice and warm during the day and freaking cold at night! Lots of sleeping bags and blankets. No rain and cold like last year.

I saw some amazingly awesome bands play some amazingly awesome music, drank many beers and ate lots of barbecue like a pig. I had to shower three times to get all the dust off of me but I think I'm about back to normal now.

Can't wait till next year!