Positions - No, not THOSE Positions

Ladies and gents,
When you're out on a dinner date, do you prefer to sit across the booth so you can look into each other's eyes, or side by each (as my Cajun friends might say) so you can touch and tease?

Inquiring minds... Well, you know.
Beside. Always, always beside.
Gotta be side by side.
Definitely across from her. That way I can look at her. Her eyes, hair, hold her hand an talk to her face to face. Being side by side will happen shortly...And typically, when I take a lady out for dinner, the restaurants I choose do not have a "booth".
  • Colby
  • 05-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Ladies and gents,
When you're out on a dinner date, do you prefer to sit across the booth so you can look into each other's eyes, or side by each (as my Cajun friends might say) so you can touch and tease?

Inquiring minds... Well, you know. Originally Posted by Crossroads
Either way is fine with me..mostly with you
Definitely across from her. That way I can look at her. Her eyes, hair, hold her hand an talk to her face to face. Being side by side will happen shortly...And typically, when I take a lady out for dinner, the restaurants I choose do not have a "booth". Originally Posted by Lunytunz

You take your lady friends to Hooters?
across, I don't like anyone messing with my food
Def prefer across so the gent can see he has my full attention through dinner!! Now when it's time for dessert, I slide next to him and if the vibe is right we are taking that dessert to go
across, I don't like anyone messing with my food Originally Posted by monkmonk

There you go again MonkMonk talking about food again!!!!!!!!
Touche' Pyramider. Good zinger!! I havent taken a lady there, but it might be a good idea.
Was at Twin Peaks with a provider and I felt left out, girls will do girls.
If it's a small booth where we can lean forward and talk then across. If it's large enough to play hockey...side-by-side.
I may be the lone dissenting opinion but I always thought the side by side thing was a bit creepy. It looks cloying... as if the couple were claiming ownership over each other.

If on a double date, then side by side (across from the other couple). If it's just her and me, then across from one another. Makes conversation and eye contact easier.
I'm with tx. It depends on the size of the booth. AND, I think it depends on the mood and situation. I really like Spanish's idea. Why choose when you can do both?

And now I'm suddenly hungry for some desert....