starving students

• CJ7
  • 08-31-2012, 03:35 PM
  • CJ7
  • 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM
$60K a year for a student to live on is horrific isnt it? ... I had no doubt everyone here is as sympathetic as I am ..

now its Friday, class is over and Im beat ...what say we all go cash in a few shares of stock and head down to the corner pizza joint for a few brews and a couple of large combinations?

snort~
  • Doove
  • 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Does everyone remember when Sandra Fluke suggested insurance companies should fund birth control pills for OTHER WOMEN? And she was ostracized by people in here who claimed she was rich and should buy her own damn pills - based solely on the school she was going to? And she should quit whining about being poor?

Of course you do(n't).
Does everyone remember when Sandra Fluke suggested insurance companies should fund birth control pills for OTHER WOMEN? And she was ostracized by people in here who claimed she was rich and should buy her own damn pills - based solely on the school she was going to? And she should quit whining about being poor?

Of course you do(n't). Originally Posted by Doove
Your James Holmes avatar fits you well. PM me your addy I will send you and your boyfriend some condoms...fucker
What's so ridiculous is that the Romneys and others who come from priviledged backgrounds think that they have to resort to half-truths and bullsh*t in order to seem "normal." Mitt and Ann's problem is that they really ARE out of touch with the experience of most people. So, instead of recognizing this (or giving a damn about it) and actually working on being able to relate to average people at some levels, they think that some little homespun tale of how they "struggled" works just as well. Granted, their circumstances were different than what they were used to, but the disconnect is that they KNEW that they had the means (Mitt's stock) and their challenge, if you can call it that, was to manage their nest-egg. This is a little different than what the actual "struggling college students" experience in cobbling together work and loans as well as having to manage expenses. It's all right for those who have means to take advantage of that happy circumstance and no one really begrudges them that. But, most people have a pretty accurate bsOmeter and they do recognise a nice, steaming pile of it.

One other thing, how did the Romney's pay for Ann's childbirth expenses while they were in college?

This whole thing reminds me of the remarks made by Ken Lay's wife after the Enron fiasco protesting how she then had to "get by" because of all the expenses and loss of wealth. In the words of all you tough-guy TPunk, right-wang marketeers: "Tough shit."