Sex Work Is Work

Thought this may be interesting to both providers and hobbyists.

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments...-gs4iBQQs1NFn0
  • Loxly
  • 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Very good overview. But she never discussed her rates. LOL
Very good overview. But she never discussed her rates. LOL Originally Posted by Loxly
"She" is a reporter not a sex worker. Yeah, I know that was supposed to be funny, not everything really lends itself to just laughing it off as unimportant. We are all engaged in illegal criminal activities here, buyers and sellers, and it might be useful to keep that in mind. This is 49 minutes of pretty intense discussion of an important part of all our lives. If you don't think the legal situation of the market for sex is important try getting yourself arrested buying and see what that does to your life.

I think we all are about at the stage where gay people were about a generation ago: hiding in the shadows, denying we do any of that stuff, that we know anything about it or anyone who does, waiting to be terrorized by any cop who wants to relieve his boredom. Yeah, I am a bit disillusioned by the APD, which not only has a Vice Unit, it has a Human Trafficking Unit too, ever since the Chief revealed he really does not care what the citizens think but only about "his officers".

Anyway, in the interview there is a lot about the Swedish or "get the John" model,
anti-traffickers who assert that all sex workers are trafficked whether they know it or not and therefore have to rescued from themselves, at gun point and in handcuffs if necessary and to whom anyone who disagrees is a "pimp".

The discussion about whether sex works is best understood as work or sexuality is interesting as well. It might depend on whether the personal "you" is providing it or "consuming" it.

The author, Melissa Gira Grant,'s book is available through Amazon as an Kindle book. It's called Playing the Whore, The Work of Sex Work.
http://www.amazon.com/Playing-Whore-...of+Sex+Work%2C

Thanks EFN for the link. It's the most interesting thing I have seen on the site in weeks.
Sex work is work? I believe this to be very true for some providers not all. Some care about the customer service portion of the business mainly to have retention and some could careless and just treat it as a means to make money on the side. So I would agree that for maybe a small percentage of providers this is actual work and the other percentage just do it for the money or they are addicted to sex lol.

My 2cents
Work? Thet's all well an' good 'til OSHA pokes thar nose inta yer poonany.
Work? Thet's all well an' good 'til OSHA pokes thar nose inta yer poonany. Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst