Let's discuss True Blood, Fangbang fans only.

I noticed in a thread there are several True Blood (TB) fans out there, so I thought I would start a thread and see what kind of good discussion we could have.

I had read an article about TB before the series had even started on tv. I was kind of hooked about the idea of vampires coming into the real world to intermix with humans. I thought it could be an interesting idea.

Then in the very first show, I was hooked again with the opening scene where a young couple was asking about true blood (synthetic blood that vampires can feed on instead of humans or other animals) and the store clerk was messing with their minds pretending to be a vampire. Come to find out, the hick looking guy behind them was a real vampire and told the store clerk if he pretended to be a vampire, he would kill him the next time.

I was also hooked by the amount of sexual scenes, especially in the first year, but these sexually charged scenes in year three aren't as good. Just to note, lately I watched the Sopranos from episode 1 to the end, and HBO also has had a couple of really good shows that allow an adult to watch an adult series without much censorship. There is all the difference in the world between watching the Sopranos on A&E and watching the version on HBO. It isn't about seeing tits and ass or hearing 'f' bombs, it's about watching a series the way it is presented. I guess I just feel more freedom to enjoy a show versus someone telling me how to enjoy a show. When Tony Soprano and his guys get together, there will be F bombs, there will be nudity at Bada Bing, and when couples 'couple' up in TB, it is a part of the show that is being presented in the proper context.

I found my favorite character was Godrick. My two favorite episodes is when Godrick saves lives in the church, then has a party at his home episode, and the second favorite episode was the next one where he meets the sun. The acting between Sookie and Godrick is touching, again in the context of the series.

OK Fangbanger fans, let's don't let this thread 'meet the sun' and disappear without some feedback.
It's getting too teen dork "twilight" for my tastes.

Sopranos got popular because of tits, killings, and the mafia. True Blood gained popularity for tits, killings, and Louisiana. True Blood's getting away from that, and the story line, with the werewolves and bullshit, is like Harry Potter with cussing. At least Sopranos hung on to that winning theme for a long while.

Tits and killing. Get back to that.
Hey now I'm not ashamed to admit I like Harry Potter I've even read all the books lol and I also like TB I have to admit I just recently started watching it so I'm still catching up with you DJ, but I'll be there soon
I really liked the first two seasons and I have to admit I'm a big fan of the tits and the fangs but there always has to be a good story line or it gets old fast. I'm not sure where this season is headed yet and so far it feels a little slow. All in all I still think it's a few steps above Twilight. I've been into the whole vampire thing since watching the original Dark Shadows when I was a kid. I'm hoping this season will pick up some steam here soon and it's starting to feel like there's too many subplots going on. Hope it doesn't jump the shark after only three years.
ok i am a true twihard but i like true blood also but for u that dont know there are books about sookie to explain her powers that she has but there is another show called the gates its comes on abc on sundays at 9 its about vamps wolves witches and alot others living in the neighborhood its really good
I absolutely looooove true blood. I started reading the books first and am totally hooked now.

Like any avid book reader, of course I am going to say the books are waaaay better than the show. It's not even that they leave things out, but they have changed the story line completely for the show and even have invented their own characters that are not in the books at all.

It kinda pisses me off, but I still do enjoy the show for what it is.

Anyhow, if you like it, you should totally get into the books. They have pretty much every creature you can think of (witches, demons, weres, fairies, etc), and the sex scenes are quite hot. The author also has a really sarcy sense of humor that makes me laugh my ass off.

All that being said, I will say that the actors on the show do keep the integrity of the characters quite well. Eric is my favorite character along with Pam. Anna Paquin does an OK Sookie, but I like the character in the book better, she's not as whiny and is kinda more of a bad ass.

So, for those other fans out there(book and/or show), who is your favorite character?
I was hooked from the first episode. I thought season 1 was great but think they drug out the whole Marianne thing just a little too long in Season 2. Season 3 got off to a slow start but the last 2 episodes have made up for it. Eric and Lafayette are my favorite characters. Eric is sexy as hell and Lafayette is funny the way he is such a queen and yet still a tough guy. I like that they are showing the darker side of Bill and I loved the sex scene when he was grudge fucking Lorena and twisted her head the other way so he wouldn't have to look at her face. Jessica the 'baby vamp' was annoying as hell at first but I really like her now.
I thought season 1 was great but think they drug out the whole Marianne thing just a little too long in Season 2. Originally Posted by 1ThickBlond

My thoughts exactly. In fact I kind of gave up on the show and have not seen any episodes from season 3, despite the fact that Sookie (Anna Paquin) is sexy as hell.
They killed off Godrick before I could make hjim my avatar. He was cool.

I would do Jessica! Technically, even her character is of age now. I'm just sayin....

Lol, gotta love the fake teeny vamp magazine.

If you watch the seasons 1 and 2 dvd set, they have these awesome "commercials" on the extras. One for a hotel that is completely vamp friendly, with " light tight" rooms, etc. The other is pro-vamp and anti-vamp legal campaigns, and of course, a commerical for "true blood", gotta love it.

They even have a true blood drink you can buy on the HBO website. It is basically a cocktail, alcohol with sugar and flavor.

Ok, you can say it, I'm obssessed.

They killed off Godrick before I could make hjim my avatar. He was cool.

I would do Jessica! Technically, even her character is of age now. I'm just sayin....

Originally Posted by cpi3000
I love the show. I have watched it on netflix, so I have not seen any of the third season yet.
LOVE that show...we have Sunday Watching parties at the house.....I love me some Jessica..and Lafayette.....I would strangle Sookie if I ever met her in person...and the new sexi werewolf watching her now (Alcide) is HOT HOT HOT....oh yea and Sam Merlotte would get jumped in his bar on his pool table any day of the week....that man is so sexi..love that he has a better story line this season...
I like the show, but have only seen season 1 on DVD.

However, my comment is about HBO (and Showtime, etc.). Have you noticed that the sexual content is greatest in the first season of these "adult" series and then they have less and less as the series progress. Examples ... Soprano's, Deadwood, Rome, Dexter, Entourage, etc. ... even Californication.
I love it an yes im obsessed!! I too feel like the Marianne thing was drug out as well and was so happy when they killed her off. I am so curious as to what is Sookies power beside the reading minds things. In last night episode they touched on it so im excited for next week. I love Lafayette im so glad they are giving him a love interest,he is so crazy(I love him!) Eric is sexy,and I love Evan Rachel Wood(have a little girl crush on her and Tara). I do not miss an episode and im a devout watcher. I love this thread glad to see others are as obsessed with me.
Season 1 was great, Season 2 I didn't care for, Season 3 boring so far with exception to last nights episode.