along the same lines......

• m2244
  • 08-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Okay so I received a PM today asking me to please post a thread on favorite concerts.....stated that he/she would do it themselves but didn't want to "steal" my idea lol......so as promised I said that's a little too close to what I originally wrote but i said I would think of something........

Favorite concert experience...........

I would have to say mine was having a member of a rock band come running up to me begging me at a show to please help him cover his eye (huge black eye) for a photoshot on the cover of insider magazine. I asked him how did you know I could do this he stated "well the photographer said go find the hott tall redhead she's a model and does this professionally her name is mary go find her".....and he did....i went on the tour bus and did his hair and make up and it was for insider magazine.

*word to the wise....do not party with rock bands when your a 5'9 115 pound girl.....you wont be doing much walking at the end of the night lol......man can they drink
Bruce Springsteen, think 1983?, albany, saratoga, born in the usa tour, couple of hours before the show,were all getting soaked in torrential downpours,and here comes Bruce and the band out of knowwhere and starts jamming out "who'll stop the rain" totally spurr of the moment, crowd goes wild, half hour later, rain stops....
Led Zeppelin at Thee Image in Miami in 1969.

Think it cost $1.50 to get in.

Shit, am I gettin' old!
J. Geils Band, Hartford, CT, a long damn time ago. It was the Centerfold tour.

My buddy's sister worked for a rock magazine and she hooked us up with back stage passes. I got to meet Peter Wolf.
well j geils is no dexy and the midnight runners but they were original...

First concert... The Lawrence Welk/Pat Boone Metal Madness Tour...I forget the year
I got to meet Peter Wolf. Originally Posted by NormalBob
Wasn't he doing Faye Dunaway in those days?

I think they're both using walkers now.
Wasn't he doing Faye Dunaway in those days?

I think they're both using walkers now. Originally Posted by jokacz
He was or he had. Faye had her day.
  • Laker
  • 08-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Mine wasn't a single experience, but I worked at the CMAC, was called the FLPAC in early 90's. Got to see most of the shows from all angles as we could go everywhere, except the performers dressing rooms. Saw Stevie Ray Vahan just weeks before he passed.

Did anyone go to CMAC in that time period to Steve Miller Shows? Were probably the ones where most adult beverages were consumed by far!
i saw the rolling stones,george thorogood and journey at rich stadium cant remember the date but it was poring rain all day and george came out first and he was booed right off the stage as the fans chanted journey what a wet day that was did see alot of wet t shirts and big boobs
  • m2244
  • 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
lol i feel like every concert i go too ends up with wet t shirts and big boobs lol
  • Laker
  • 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM
lol i feel like every concert i go too ends up with wet t shirts and big boobs lol Originally Posted by m2244
Mary, this creates and interesting visual! And I can hear ZZ Top playing "Tube Snake Boogy" in the background!
I saw Tool in the basement of a warehouse that had been converted into a rock club. The band upstairs sucked so we wandered down to "The Pit" and saw the most amazing show ever. This was in san Diego back in 1990 or 91
Tool does do a great show...Wish they'd tour to Buffalo more than once every 8 years...Then again I wish providers would do that too lol