A Special Welcome ...

Although we all are going to miss John Bull and foX, I wanted to personally welcome the two new moderators for the Diamonds & Tuxedos. Although I know that a lot of us are already familiar with SR Only and Marcus, I still wanted to give both of these men a very warm welcome.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth

P.S. Do you have ANY idea what a pain of a job this is? Personally, I believe a sweet "new moderator roast" is in order! Grin.
Welcome SR & Marcus!! xoxoxo
Since every mod or regime is given some flexibility with which to moderate their forums, I think laying out some expectations or thoughts up front would be helpful.

Welcome.
You boyz ready for a little grief?
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I do not see a Libertarian in the bunch. Therefore I do not expect much in the way of fairness but hope they do prove me wrong. That is the best I can muster. I would have rather seen PJ added as a third. Being a good Mod means you piss EVERYBODY off at one time or other. You do not let the majority rule, you let fairness rule. Good Luck to you two.

P.S. Do you have ANY idea what a pain of a job this is? Personally, I believe a sweet "new moderator roast" is in order! Grin. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
If it is a pain then why would anyone want it? Why not term limits? Why not give the title up and let others see for themselves how hard it is?

This is not a slam but ligit questions.

Let other that you have the potential to point or ban have that exact same shot in a certain time frame.Rotate this difficult job. That way you would not have people bitching at Mods nor Mods having to explain how hard the job is. Everyone would know, share the burden if it is so hard. Were this to happen I think Moderating would be a much easier job. That is just my take, I could be wrong.
JB set a high bar. It will be interesting.

If it is a pain then why would anyone want it? Why not term limits? Why not give the title up and let others see for themselves how hard it is?

This is not a slam but ligit questions. Originally Posted by WTF
Well said bro!
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Well said bro! Originally Posted by Naomi4u

Give me five
I do not see a Libertarian in the bunch. Therefore I do not expect much in the way of fairness.... Originally Posted by WTF
The title 'moderator' must imply someone who seeks the middle. That's not a libertarian.
The title 'moderator' must imply someone who seeks the middle. That's not a libertarian. Originally Posted by Clerkenwell
That depends on your perspective. From the lower corner of this diagram, libertarian is in the middle.
Attached Images File Type: jpg PoliticalSquare.jpg (18.9 KB, 151 views)

Give me five Originally Posted by WTF
Will you settle for 2 big round ones.
Attached Images File Type: jpg avatar55719_24.gif.jpg (5.1 KB, 150 views)
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Will you settle for 2 big round ones. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Yea, that'll do, she can owe me three more!

The title 'moderator' must imply someone who seeks the middle. That's not a libertarian. Originally Posted by Clerkenwell
I said Fairness, Anybody can find the middle of a shit pile
Welcome!

Hopefully you guys can add some freaking humor to this forum.

The joke crackers are down to 4.
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome!

Hopefully you guys can add some freaking humor to this forum.

The joke crackers are down to 4. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Four Crackers left in the whole damn forum!
The kings are dead...long live the kings! What are we....the new Houston??

Good luck SR & Marcus!