Router and the Hobby?

I'm an idiot with technology, and usually hire someone to take care of the Tech problems.

One of my my worries has always been the router. Do routers keep a track of the list of websites visited?
what does Seri say about that?? or try google!
Your browser does that
I'm an idiot with technology, and usually hire someone to take care of the Tech problems.

One of my my worries has always been the router. Do routers keep a track of the list of websites visited? Originally Posted by Fizley
Yes, your internet provider does keep track of the sites you visit.

You should be using a VPN (there are free ones, I use TunnelBear) and then you should also use an incognito/private browser at the same time as the VPN, anytime you're on any site like this.

There's probably people on here more tech savvy than me who go further, but that is what I do, especially at hotels, so they don't see what sites I'm on when touring.

Good luck.
Your router can track your visited websites, but you have to turn that function on. A SO could easily do that if they were suspicious.
Yes, your internet provider does keep track of the sites you visit.

You should be using a VPN (there are free ones, I use TunnelBear) and then you should also use an incognito/private browser at the same time as the VPN, anytime you're on any site like this.

There's probably people on here more tech savvy than me who go further, but that is what I do, especially at hotels, so they don't see what sites I'm on when touring.

Good luck. Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
If you want a good VPN for the privacy-minded, look into Mullvad. 5 euro/month, no questions asked. You could send them cash in an envelope with a sticky note that has your account number written on it and they'll credit it to your account. They don't even have an option for signing up with an email address, they're that secure. Free VPNs exist solely to sell off the advertising info of the poor bastards who actually use them, Mullvad is something I'm ok with using for anything dubious, and I rank high among the paranoid types out there.