Forum listings not being updated for new post?

I'm seeing a lot of instances lately where, if I try to post a new thread or a reply on an existing thread, it hangs for a while then gives me a "504 Gateway Timeout". Afterwards, when I look, I see that my post was posted, but the forum listing (where it shows the "last post by" information) gives no indication that anything has been posted. It looks like this is not happening to just me, since I see a lot of threads where it shows something in the "last post" information, but if you look at the actual thread, you see there are one or more replies that were posted after the "last post" shown in the forum listing.

Once a cause is identified and fixed, should the forum indexes be rebuilt? Yeah, I know that's a time-consuming and somewhat disruptive operation, but given how widespread the effect of this seems to be, it might be worth it.

P.S. I'm primarily using the mobile version of the site, if that makes a difference.
  • Kmac
  • 05-28-2020, 09:05 AM
I'm having the same problem but not seeing any answers from anyone as to how to fix this or what's being done to fix it.
I don't think there's going to be anything you can do on your own to avoid this issue - far as I can tell, this is purely a server-side issue.
  • Kmac
  • 05-28-2020, 11:33 AM
It would be less frustrating if they would post something about it.
It's been an intermittent problem for as long as I've been a member. I don't know why the tech people can't find a permanent fix. In the past few days, the problem has exploded and now affects every thread in every forum. Eccie site traffic is way down, partly due to the pandemic but also because this stupid glitch means you can't see whether new comments have been posted or even whether new threads have been started.
The IT Dept has been made aware of this latest issue and are working to resolve it.
The IT Dept has been made aware of this latest issue and are working to resolve it. Originally Posted by dj8rocks

Hopefully he (or she) can take care of it!

My problem is that my posts are being gobbled while the thread updates and forum listing says I posted. Yet in that thread my post is gone like a squirrel fart in a hurricane. Let's see if this one shows up.
I'm seeing a lot of instances lately where, if I try to post a new thread or a reply on an existing thread, it hangs for a while then gives me a "504 Gateway Timeout". Afterwards, when I look, I see that my post was posted, but the forum listing (where it shows the "last post by" information) gives no indication that anything has been posted. It looks like this is not happening to just me, since I see a lot of threads where it shows something in the "last post" information, but if you look at the actual thread, you see there are one or more replies that were posted after the "last post" shown in the forum listing.

Once a cause is identified and fixed, should the forum indexes be rebuilt? Yeah, I know that's a time-consuming and somewhat disruptive operation, but given how widespread the effect of this seems to be, it might be worth it.

P.S. I'm primarily using the mobile version of the site, if that makes a difference. Originally Posted by laserface
I’m always on mobile too. So I thought it was my IPhone or Verizon. But I think it’s an antiquated website architecture. Just a guess.
here's the solution.

reset your cookie. if you have a cookie editor extension, look for the bb3thread_lastview cookie. thats the one that counts threads.
this is a new one.

I read some post this morning. this evening, i was expecting new posts. well, problem here is that all the post that I did not read after this morning is not showing up as new, but as read...

is anyone getting this?