BA Plane Crash Message Mistake

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE67Q0LJ20100827

Jesus H Christ!!! This reeeeaaaallly doesn't make me feel good as I am due to fly on BA back to Houston in a weeks time!! If you ask me, those passengers deserve monetary compensation for the traumatic experience.
I wonder why they would have that pre-recorded message in the first place.
Another passenger was reported saying: "I can't think of anything worse than being told your plane's about to crash."

Now that is one unimaginative sonuvabitch!

Sheesh, a whole new class of victims! Step back, lawyer stampede. Reminds me of this case I read of this woman stepped on a needle when she was a child, and it remained in her body until it eventually worked its way out the thigh of her third daughter when the girl was 8 or so. Does she have a case against the steel company that supplied the (defunct) needle manufacturer?
I wonder why they would have that pre-recorded message in the first place. Originally Posted by boardman
That was exactly what I said!!! (imagine proper British accent computer simulated voice) "Excuse the interruption to your flight, but we are facing a deadly crash which will surely result in your imminent death. Thank you for choosing British Airways."
From what I read, the crew immediately informed everyone that it was a mistake. How much compensation should people get for a few seconds worth of being scared? I'd like to be on that jury.
Tikkler, neither you nor I will ever make it through voir dire.

It's hard to imagine a harsher insult than: "You'd be perfect for a jury."

Perfectly ignorant, perfectly envious, perfectly stupid.
Tikkler, neither you nor I will ever make it through voir dire.
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
You romantic bastard, I love it when you speak French!
Aw crap, I thought that was German. Or Cherrmann.
Victoria... no doubt you are fly Virgin? airlines. I mean
I wonder why they would have that pre-recorded message in the first place. Originally Posted by boardman
Ding, ding, ding! Even if it were true...why say it??

Anyone who's awake already knows...anyone who's asleep...leave 'em alone!!